Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend just offered me a set of PASM Cayman S shocks/struts that came with stock springs for a 2007 Cayman S.
My concern is whether I can utilize these parts on my 2007 base Cayman, or will PASM or fit create problems?
He wants them gone, but I don't want to take what I can't use.

I've been searching this forum and others for answers, but I want to get back to him asap. Anyone gone down this road?

·
Registered
832 Posts
My guess is they will fit. However, you do know that PASM is controlled by the DME, and requires various sensors in order to work. Also programing of the DME will be required along with adding the console switch. This would be no job for an amateur!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was thinking of leaving them set and not trying to control them with a switch. Not sure how the ride would be. He's offered to let me install them and test, but maybe it's not worth it if you don't do the PASM. Opinions?

·
Registered
561 Posts
The PASM shocks will be on full stiff setting if you do not have the PASM module connected to them. They are designed to fail safe to full stiff if the car loses power because stiff is better for car control. If you try to hook them up to a battery to make them go full soft, you might end up burning out the coils. They aren't super complicated to control, but they aren't trivial either. To make them work and not be full stiff all the time, you need the PASM module, the PASM switch, the wiring harness (goes to all 4 corners of the car), and maybe some coding.

The PASM springs are not much lower than stock... 10 mm, IIRC.

Please take the shocks/springs off of your friend's hands and sell them to me :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.