Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum. I just bought my 2007 Cayman S a couple of months ago and I love this vehicle. However, I wanted a bit more grunt at the lower RPM range so I decided to purchase the EVOMS RS370 package. Below is a link to my baseline dyno which was done today on a Mustang dyno. I'll post the after dyno, and hopefully an overlay once the mods and tune are installed. The dyno seems to suggest that not too many ponies escaped after 100,000 miles. The shop installing the package also owns the dyno so the before and after should be reasonably accurate.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
That is pretty impressive, particularly the torque number. 14% off of original 295hp representing 14% parsitic loss if I did my math right. What does EVOMS claim for gross gain with their changes?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is pretty impressive, particularly the torque number. 14% off of original 295hp representing 14% parsitic loss if I did my math right. What does EVOMS claim for gross gain with their changes?
Thanks, I'm glad it looks impressive to someone since I'm not a dyno expert. According to the dyno overlay that EVOMS has provided (I have to estimate the numbers from the graph) it looks like they achieved roughly a 13% peak gain in HP. I'm not so concerned with their numbers as with the percent improvement and the significant improvement in the additional torque on the low end. If I extrapolate their percent gain to what it would be on my numbers it looks like my peak WHP after the mods and tune should be around 292 WHP and 260 WTQ or so on the same dyno above. I'll consider it a success if the low end torque is broadened significantly because that is what I am really looking for.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I'm not so concerned with their numbers as with the percent improvement and the significant improvement in the additional torque on the low end. If I extrapolate their percent gain to what it would be on my numbers it looks like my peak WHP after the mods and tune should be around 292 WHP and 260 WTQ or so on the same dyno above.
This is a very healthy way of reasoning, only compare ones own dyno measurements and not by comparing to others or trying to convert whp to crank hp. Dynos can be made to read whatever you want to want them to. The delta gain on the same dyno - preferably back-to-back - is the only important thing to figure out to determine if it was worth the effort/cost.

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a very healthy way of reasoning, only compare ones own dyno measurements and not by comparing to others or trying to convert whp to crank hp. Dynos can be made to read whatever you want to want them to. The delta gain on the same dyno - preferably back-to-back - is the only important thing to figure out to determine if it was worth the effort/cost.

Good luck! :cheers:
Thanks, I agree that I would be hugely disappointed if I were expecting 370 HP as the name of the package implies :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Headers and Exhaust are installed. Will have to wait until early next week for the rest due to the short week but I'm excited to see how this will turn out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, here is the dyno overlay that I promised. Although the numbers turned out lower than I had expected, the car pulls wonderfully in the mid range and feels really great. The fat increase in the torque curve in the lower RPM range was exactly what i was longing for and I can completely feel the difference when driving the car.

So to recap, this overlay represents my baseline dyno with absolutely no modifications as compared to my dyno with the Evolution Motorsports RS370 package and tune installed. This is on the same exact Mustang dyno with very similar weather conditions. As stated above, I wasn't expecting 370 crank HP but I was thinking that maybe I'd still get the same percentage gain as EVOMS did on their Cayman S. I'm still very satisfied with the results behind the wheel. The car feels noticeably stronger throughout the rev range.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Every car responds differently to mods, but still - 20 peak whp is a nice boost on a N/A engine with relatively small displacement. And as you said - the low end improvement is what you really are paying for.

Thanks for sharing! :cheers:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sTp1tv_mwBVOy6r_n2XVOMdfcD6Nhf6kwBLByqfjWig/edit?usp=sharing

Hopefully this works. To eliminate the raw dyno numbers and graph, I converted them to a spreadsheet linked above which shows the percent (%) increase per 100 RPMs that was measured between the two dyno runs (Baseline vs RS370). I'm very happy with the increase in the midrange which is exactly where I drive every day. At some RPM's it's almost a 17% increase and the improvement is unmistakable with the complete elimination (practically inversion) of the 3,500 RPM dip.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Wow really cool thread to have nearly back-to-back dyno. Only other one I recall was one thread about softronic flash where the tune was shown on that back-to-back to do absolutely nothing. (owner did get a refund which was cool)

Seems like EVOMs shouldn't be claiming over 3x the real gain.

-Increase 76HP
-Increase 58TQ
I didn't do a baseline but on a dynapak did the same 275 whp w/ 74mm plenum, intake, exhaust, pulley and stock tuning.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Nice job getting some dyno numbers! This is never done enough and really helps put perspective on real world vs claims!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all, I am still very happy with the package. The car is so amazing to drive and the drastic increase in the mid-range makes all the difference. If there are any other Cayman S owners in my area, you are welcome to take it for a spin with me to experience the difference for yourself if it makes it easier to decide on whether or not to pull the trigger on this series of mods.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts