Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2007 Cayman S and I have miss-placed my wheel nut socket. I put my autocross tires on for one last event in November and then have kept them on since then because I have been driving the car very little over the winter. I went to put the OEM wheels back on the car and I can't find my damn wheel lug socket.

Will the dealer have those in stock? I have been intending to buy 4 new lugs to replace the wheel locks because I knew this was going to happen, but unfortunately I have misplaced or lost it before I bought lugs.

I assume its not something I can order from a dealer like suncoast because I have read there are lots of different designs. The picture of the nut socket on their website does not look like the pattern that I have on mine.

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
I have a 2007 Cayman S and I have miss-placed my wheel nut socket. ... Will the dealer have those in stock?
I can speak to a 2006CS and assume its the same for a 2007. The answer is likely no.

There are, if I remember right, well over 100 different variations. They will have a master set of keys and go through them to find the correct one. Then they have to order the correct one and do not be surprised if it has to be shipped from Germany. It could easily take two weeks. It doesn't cost much, probably around $25.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the lug socket that I have on my car. Is there a name for this type? Its different than a friend of mine who has a carerra 4S.

IMG_0572.JPG

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think there is any chance the dealer would let me use the master set of keys to simply remove and replace it with a standard lug that I buy from them?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I am sure they would remove it for you. I bought a spare key last time I was having some service done at the dealer. It was around $20 and came with a spare locking bolt. They had to order it but it only took a couple of days to receive.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
If you are going to replace your locking lugnuts anyway, you could try a Goodyear or other tire mounting shop. They can get the them off without the key but ruining them in the process. I was lucky the last time when I went to Wheels Boutique and they have a set of keys from Porsche somehow.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went to the dealer. They simply replaced the socket nut with a standard lug on each wheel. Only charged me $25. Cheaper than it would have cost me to buy 4 new lugs, which is what I intended to do months ago. Very pleased with D-patrick in Evansville.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts