Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I’ve purchased the beautiful amazing and unparalleled EVO 1 facelift Cayenne turbo and am absolutely loving her! I am trying to decide if the MPG (L/100km) specifications for this car are just incorrect or if there may be something wrong with my car.

Most literature indicates that we should be getting around 12MPG (19.6L/100km)(urban) and 19MPG(12.4L/100km)(highway). We seem to be getting the highway averages but in the city our consumption drops to 8-8.5MPG (27L/100km).

Is there something I can look into to improve this or are the rated figures inaccurate and/or does fuel consumption increase with age?

Is anyone else getting 12MPG? And NO... I don’t have lead shoes... ok maybe occasionally but then consumption is even worse!

TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have a 2012 Cayenne Turbo and average 17 MPG. It doesn't provide city vs highway or real time MPG so no way to compare those. Just remember to keep your tires inflated and change the spark plugs every 40K miles. Maybe you need a fuel induction service which cleans the valves and injectors. I don't think age has much effect on fuel economy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts