Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Description: Offered for sale by the original owner is this beautiful 2008 Porsche Cayman S with only 9,000 street-driven miles. This Cayman S is equipped with the optional Sport-Chrono package and Bi-Xenon headlights. After an incident on the street (no other vehicles involved ~ car hit a curb), the owner decided it was best to explore the capabilities of the lightweight Cayman S on the race track. All repairs, design, modifications and sorting was completed by Vision Motorsports in Orange County. (www.VisionMotorsports.com)
This car is ready to race! Car has no liens and has a California (salvage) title.
Popularity and interest in racing the mid-engine Porsche Cayman is on the rise ~ save extensive time and money with this turn-key Cayman S. There is a lot of custom labor hours invested to complete this car.
Price of vehicle and race modifications was over $100,000. Selling price is $65K.
Major modifications include:
• EXSTENSIVE vehicle weight reduction program ~ current weight is approx 2600 lbs. All interior and mechanical components removed from vehicle (except the front seats) are carefully boxed and included with the car. These parts can be kept or sold for $$$$.
• Ten Point race roll cage with under-dash cross member ~ painted to match the car.
• RECARO Pole Position race seats for both Driver and Passenger.
• Six Point Schroth racing harnesses for both Driver and Passenger.
• MOMO race steering wheel with quick-release.
• GT3 exhaust manifolds & stainless steel Magna-Flow exhaust.
• Vehicle was dynoed @ 295 horsepower to the wheels (approx 340 horsepower). This is approx 40 horsepower more than a standard Cayman S.
• Standard two radiators/coolers replaces with three custom radiators.
• Baffled engine oil pan (race grade fluids used in all throughout).
• G-Tech Pro Tachometer with Programmable Sequential Shift Lights, Programmable Warnings and Data logging capability.
• Bilstein Racing suspension system & track-ready alignment.
• GT3 front and rear stabilizer bars.
• 19” Carrera S wheels with new tires.
• Driver window netting.
• Front and rear hood pins.
• New Optima battery with GMG GT race battery tray.
• Various custom carbon interior pieces.
• Clear-Bra installed.