Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
how about the tpc turbo exhaust? suppose to turn the 987 into a gt3 . 430 hp range. Good for you. enjoy man. I need one even the new gts4.0. damn addiction!!!! lol

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S and 2010 GT3
240 Posts
This awe exhaust sings a note semi close to the 997 car... high revs tho, no comparison

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Awsome!!! Good for you, enjoy. Maybe one day, but the 987 is so fun to drive. Just want more 😁

·
Registered
240 Posts
ever think about the tpc turbo?
Be happy!!! Seriously, a car like that is hard to own.... you can’t leave it anywhere, your afraid it’s going to get scratched or a rock hitting the windshield, etc etc... I could never own a “ super car”... phuck that!!! I had a TT 996.... THE best bang for the dollar... or a GTS is great to

as in turbo/Porsche/Carrera? Drove one, what a car!!! Loved it... think it was a yellow hard top

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have number 603 of the S Sport in GT3 orange. It has about 25k miles but the engine is newer and only has about 9000. It is in excellent condition, sounds great blast to drive. PASM, Sport Chrono, IPD Competition Plenum and a Softronic tune. I have the opportunity to get a 2021 GTS or GT4 Build. Both are a stretch for me but my mind is going a mile a minute. I want the 4.0. I dont track so GT4 isnt needed and am leaning to the GTS since they are very similar and the savings of the GTS would help with options.

Any thoughts on what my S Sport is worth? You cant find them anywhere.

Thank you

Darrin
The GTS 4.0 is a fantastic option and one of the few new Porsche's I would consider anymore.

As far as your Cayman S Sport... the mileage is low, and assuming it's accident free and has a dealer installed engine - it should fetch high 30s. Maybe more in an environment like Bring a Trailer. But maybe less. There are a few 'edition' Caymans that have sold on there. Hit or miss it seems. If listing privately, I would start at 40k at least. It's a great car.
And, put it completely back to stock to get the most money. Sell the mods separately. And be prepared to get a DME report from a dealer.
Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ok I am happy. I was referring to the TPC exhaust turbo kit. For the 987. Adds over 100 hp. It’s cool to get other opinions of people who have same enjoyment. And always learn something. Thanks to all. Good conversations.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ok I am happy. I was referring to the TPC exhaust turbo kit. For the 987. Adds over 100 hp. It’s cool to get other opinions of people who have same enjoyment. And always learn something. Thanks to all. Good conversations.
Oh I see... no idea on that turbo kit or any turbo on a cayman... here’s my take on that....I had to look it up actually. That seems like a lot of cash for something you could build yourself for a fraction of 7-11k... and your limited on boost because of the 11:1 compression... maybe 8-10psi at the very most could make an additional 80-100hp, but your really pushing reliability here... if that goes boom, (and it will) then your 8-15k for a motor/install ... not worth it imo... I’d rather 3.8 it... now if you built a motor and lowered compression then skies the limit... but at that price go buy the real thing (911TT)... but that’s just me.. that kit could be built for 3k if your handy

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have number 603 of the S Sport in GT3 orange. It has about 25k miles but the engine is newer and only has about 9000. It is in excellent condition, sounds great blast to drive. PASM, Sport Chrono, IPD Competition Plenum and a Softronic tune. I have the opportunity to get a 2021 GTS or GT4 Build. Both are a stretch for me but my mind is going a mile a minute. I want the 4.0. I dont track so GT4 isnt needed and am leaning to the GTS since they are very similar and the savings of the GTS would help with options.

Any thoughts on what my S Sport is worth? You cant find them anywhere.

Thank you

Darrin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Darrin -

I'd consider purchasing dependent upon price/condition. Seems to be spec'd like I'd enjoy - hadn't thought about orange but wth. Let me know if you decide to list it, I'll be happy to shoot you my email.

Deidre

21 - 30 of 30 Posts