Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried plugging into this fuse 7 my new Rexing V1P Pro wire fuse but it looked like it is not HOT. i noticed there are no metal connectors.
I tried plugging the wired fuse in to Row A F10 for cigarette lighter assingnment and NO power came out also so i think the power goied strainght to the cig lighter outloet.

How can these unused fuses give me a 12V 15A power ?

appreciate any suggestion other than buying a cigarette lighter adapter to my wired fuse adapter of Rexing cable.

percival knight

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Do you really want an always-hot circuit? Better to use B-9. It is switched on only when the key is inserted.
I also see current from C-6 but ONLY with ignition ON. With either, you need to use add-a-fuse adapters if there is an existing fused circuit in use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you really want an always-hot circuit? Better to use B-9. It is switched on only when the key is inserted.
I also see current from C-6 but ONLY with ignition ON. With either, you need to use add-a-fuse adapters if there is an existing fused circuit in use.
Hi,
Accdg to the 2005 to 2013 – Cayman (987c) Fuses Box Diagram and Amperages List,
B9 is assigned to the below

[TR]
[TD]Fuse 9[/TD]
[TD]Telephone TRM86S[/TD]
[TD]7.5 A[/TD]
[/TR]

and C6 is assigned to the below

[TR]
[TD]Fuse 6[/TD]
[TD]Rear Window Wiper, Non-Dazzle Interior Mirror TRM15, Park Assist Control Unit TRM15[/TD]
[TD]15 A[/TD]
[/TR]

thanks for your time.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Doesn't matter what's connected on the stock side. You just want to piggy-back off a fuse that behaves the way you need (switched by key insertion or in Run mode). The adapters let you put another fuse in parallel with the stock fuse so the "hot" side will also feed your aftermarket stuff through the 2nd fuse.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't matter what's connected on the stock side. You just want to piggy-back off a fuse that behaves the way you need (switched by key insertion or in Run mode). The adapters let you put another fuse in parallel with the stock fuse so the "hot" side will also feed your aftermarket stuff through the 2nd fuse.
can u recommend any add-a-fuse adapters that i can get from autozone or pep boys ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts