Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've searched far and wide and can't find any solutions....Here is the problem:

My 2009 Boxster base roof is stuck in the down position. I push the "up" (or "Close") switch and nothing happens. No clicking, no nothing. I DO have the red "BRAKE" light on the dash with the parking brake engaged. I've checked he E3 fuse and it is good. I've also played with the roof switch in a combination of clicking it in/out and seeing if that does anything (nothing happens).

Not long ago (a month or so) i had the roof stuck in the "up" position and resolved it by clicking the roof switch with my finger.

I am not sure where the convertible relay is in the car, I thought about checking that but have no idea where it is located.

One last thing - the convertible open/close switch feels a little "loose" in the socket...Does anyone think this could be an issue?

I'm open to ANY suggestions and really appreciate the help. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: Morning drive with a buddy fixed the roof. No idea why it decided to work after ~3wks of not working. I'll take it. Hopefully she behaves for quite a while now!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm baaaaaaack. So now the top is stuck in the "Up" position again..I tried the stuck latch switch trick (worked in the past) and it did not work this time (it is functioning though because the windows responded by going down partially when I activated it)...

I feel like my relay may be going bad. QUESTION: CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE THE CONVT. TOP RELAY IS LOCATED?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did a little reading/searching, and it appears that there is are two relays for the top inside the car, above the fuse panel (next to dead pedal). Ebay listing for a 'convertible top relay' states it is in the 'front compartment' however. I'll take a look at my car this morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts