Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at 2008 vetter at porsche dealer then drove 2009 boxter-s while I was there, it knocked my socks off. They have a leftover 2009 pretty loaded msrp almost 71k, I can get it for about 56-57k, with 125 miles. It has the pdk tranny which I thought was pretty nice, and the wife wants to drive it so pdk, seems fine. Are these cars not selling? The 2011 will be out soon, am I better of waiting or maybe leasing a 2010. Trying to figure out what the car might be worth 3 years from now. Its about 14k off of sticker. Car drives amazing, fast solid, its wired into you. Also live in NY, how many people drive these year round in the cold. Any other adivise coming from a 335xi. Fist time porsche purchase. Had the bmw and mercedes, thinking of pullling trigger. The only thing is this car is coming from a dealer in the midwest. Do you think service will be a problem, since I did not buy it from a local dealer. thanks for the advise

·
Registered
187 Posts
$15k off MSRP sounds OK as long as you want all the features. If you were to build your own car realistically configured to your needs, would it really be $71k? A big discount on a feature you really don't care about isn't much of a discount.

Check if the warranty was already started. You might find out that 6 months or more of the 4-year warranty is already used.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
$15k off MSRP sounds OK as long as you want all the features. If you were to build your own car realistically configured to your needs, would it really be $71k? A big discount on a feature you really don't care about isn't much of a discount.

Check if the warranty was already started. You might find out that 6 months or more of the 4-year warranty is already used.
Sunnyvale, hit the nail on the head. Pretty sure that you could order a 2011 with exactly the options that you can not live without for close to the same money. There is nothing wrong with a soft top as long as that's what you want, you might consider driving a Cayman S, so that you can make an informed decision. Either way they are both great cars. Get what you want don't settle on something that's available now. Good luck

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is pretty much how I would order it. The pdk is the expensive option. Actually I liked it and with so much traffic, its not a bad option. I know most people would get a stick, but once you tried it, it works, well even blips the engine on down shifts. It just seems all the leftover 2009 boxter s are the aqua blue built the same way. Just weird that every dealer has the same leftover car. Maybe they are hard to sell at the 71k msrp. Maybe porsche built a bunch and forced dealers to take them

·
Registered
696 Posts
My Boxter has no problems with cold weather. Don't know what is on the car, but the S normally comes with high performance tires that tend toward less traction when temps are below freezing and are squirly in snow/ice, so an all-weather or winter tire setup would seem wise for winter driving in NY. I get by in Maryland when its bad by driving my other car (on which I replaced the dry weather hi perf tires it came with, with all season high per tires).

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Dealer should not care where you bought your car. If they want your business in service and mods, they will gladly take care of your car. Do not talk to sales side but go interview the services, parts, and repairs side. Talk to customers waiting for their opinion.

You can probably get some decent opinions from the Service guy about the car and it's probable value in 3-5 years.

I have driven mainly German (one Volvo stint that was absolutely forgettable) and Italian cars. As they say: Porsche - There is no Substitute.

My father in law owns 1 356 and 2 911s so my wife grew up loving the 911. After driving the Boxster and Cayman, she is into the mid-engine balance despite not having the 2 back seats and a sunroof.

Of course you will have a drop top and will feel the exquisite pleasure of Driving during Spring and Fall feeling the seasons changing. Just the Flat 6 Symphony and the rustle of flying down the road in a Porsche is priceless.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advise. My wife likes the bmw 650i vert, cause it has 4 seats and is more luxurious, but the porsche is a way better drive not even close. The 650i reminds me of my 2005 mercedes sl with 4 seats. Got rid of that car in a year.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
It is pretty much how I would order it. The pdk is the expensive option. Actually I liked it and with so much traffic, its not a bad option. I know most people would get a stick, but once you tried it, it works, well even blips the engine on down shifts. It just seems all the leftover 2009 boxter s are the aqua blue built the same way. Just weird that every dealer has the same leftover car. Maybe they are hard to sell at the 71k msrp. Maybe porsche built a bunch and forced dealers to take them
Well, if it has the options you would order any way that's great, however you don't sound like your sold on the Aqua Blue. Still think its wise to price out a new 2011 with your options and your first choice on color exterior/interior and see what the difference is. There nothing quite like a Special Order Car that has been built to your specifications.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my local porsche dealer will do the same deal MSRP 71,800 sell it for 56k, this is a 2009. My only question is why is there so many leftover boxter-s leftover

1 - 10 of 10 Posts