Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just realized that my Bose sub amp (under my spare tire in the back of the cayenne) is NOT working. I barely have any sub/bass., I unplugged the fuse (#43) and it sounds the same...

I have audio throughout the cayenne except the deep bass from the sub... it barely works. I know for a fact it was a lot louder before but I don't know what I can do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked all the wires and appear to be good.

I do not have anyway to test (power) because I am not at home and it is strange because I can hear some audio (which I think is just an unpowered audio signal) through the sub because even when I pull the fuse I still hear the same (or similar) level of audio signal.

I bought a replacement amp and speaker and it sounded the same. So to me it appears as if there is something... someplace... like the head unit or fuse someplace else beside the ones on either side of the dash?

I put new fuses in the sub amp location (#43) and a couple other places but still nothing. I reset the pcm via the head unit and still lacks deep loud sub bass.

Is there a way I can disconnect the battery without having to lift the seat? (since I don't have the tools for that here)

Thanks,
David

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Sorry no idea.

Another thought. Any chance settings got altered in the head unit? Bass all the way down, sub off, etc. Not familiar with PCM but even my craptastic CDR24 has the basics for tone control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts