Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

i just picked up my 2009 cayman base with PDK option. when i test drove the car while i was at the lights in manual mode on 1st gear, the car was not in gear, awaiting for me to press on gas before car moved (like my e46 m3 SMG). picked up car today, but at stop lights 1st gear, it doesn't do that anymore. now it acts as like automactic, 1st gear the car will move and i always have to press on the breaks (which i hate). is there a setting to change this?

look forward for any advice.

thank you!

J

·
Revhead
371 Posts
AFAIK there is no such setting - the PDK always "creeps", regardless of whether it's in manual of automatic mode. The only exception is if you are stopped on an incline, when the Hill Start Assist will keep the brakes engaged for a second or two after you come off the brake pedal - again, regardless of manual or automatic mode.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
On my GTS I can pull both paddles back and the car is in neutral, (the manual indicator light flashes.) I have to select the + paddle to get it to move off in first gear at the light change. Is this what you want? You can't select this mode of operation "automatically" as far as I know. BTW, what's wrong with waiting at the light with your foot on the brake pedal?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts