Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 09 Cayman S about a month ago and there some minor problems/annoyances which I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced.

1) During a bluetooth conversation, there is a slight buzzing sound from the passenger side (bose) speaker,but nothing while playing music.

2) When the steering wheel is almost at full lock, it kind of forces itself to get into full lock. As in, the steering wheel is linear most of the time, but it parking situations, it forces itself when it's almost nearing near lock.

3) Is there an auto headlight feature or do I need to turn it on/off everytime manually? Would the home position do this? Also, It seems like I can't turn on the foglights when the xenon lowbeam lights are on... is this typical?

Other than that, I've been having a great time with the car.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I have an '09' CS and I was told by the dealer that there is no auto headlight feature. Can't help with the other issues.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
#2 happens on my '06 as well.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
I find that accelerating out of tight bends the front wheels feel light as if they are loosing gravity.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The home feature simply allows the headlights to stay on for 15 seconds or so after the lights have been turned out. Good when you get "home" I guess - not sure that work the same if you are "away". I miss the auto feature as my Cayenne has this.

AN the foglights (and high beams too) will come on only if the light switch is turned past the "home" position twice - 1st one is for leaving the marker lights on and the 2ndd one is normal lights. Then you can switch on the front and back fog lights.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We have an 09 CS with the Xenon headlights. This setup doesn't have fog lights in the front. The round lights that look like fog lights are the LED daytime running lights that are on when the Xenon headlights aren't. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought a 09 Cayman S about a month ago and there some minor problems/annoyances which I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced.

2) When the steering wheel is almost at full lock, it kind of forces itself to get into full lock. As in, the steering wheel is linear most of the time, but it parking situations, it forces itself when it's almost nearing near lock.
Hello, I live in italy and my 09 Boxster S have the same behavior, I guess it is a "feature" and you canot fix it, but it's not a problem. :cheers:

·
I'm an excellent driver ....
1,628 Posts
1) most likely has to do with your phone and not the bluetooth connection. IE BB cause static when close to speahers.
3) If you have PSM you can program DRLs. If you did not pay for that you have to turn the knob to get light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts