Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
lhudyman, 77k for a Base 991 That is a fantastic deal. I think I'll ask you to come with me next time I buy a car.

Tell us more about the car color and options.

Saw the video It's refreshing it just goes to show that all the latest wiz bang options are still no substitute for HP. Take a 981S and give it some headers sport exhauat and a plenum/ throttle mod and it will probably overtake the the 991 in weight/HP and the track results will reflect that. Either car stripped or loaded is still a joy to behold.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Re: Re: 2009 Cayman S vs. 2013 Carrera 3.4

I found something! 18 inch wheels won't fit on the new Carrera 991! 19's and 20's only. That stinks - I now have 3 sets of 18 inch wheels to sell!
Looking forward to seeing you in the classifieds!

2007 Cayman S, MT, Atlas Grey/Terracotta

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
lhudyman, 77k for a Base 991 That is a fantastic deal. I think I'll ask you to come with me next time I buy a car.

Tell us more about the car color and options.
Agate Grey, PCM/Navi, multi function wheel, Cool seats, Heat seats, Sunroof, Bose, Crests, 7 speed manual are the options. Pretty stripped car with no performance options.

This made it easier to negotiate... also i had bought my 2005 Boxster from this dealer back in the day and I got my Cayman serviced at the dealer on occasion. Lastly, I am pretty active with the Porsche Club in Northern NJ... All of those things combined helped in the negotiation.

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
Well, you have a point, pushing the emergency brake button is so much more difficult than pulling the old school handle in my Cayman S.

Dude, trust me when I say the 991 is better in every way! I had 53,000 on my Gen 2 Cayman S and 51,000 on my Gen 1 Cayman S. Great cars but the 991 blows them away. It is both rational and emotional. More torque, more HP better suspension, more grip, nicer interior, more refinement, etc, etc, etc.
I consider you a very credible source for a comparison. Don't get me wrong. :cheers:

What kind of wheels you looking to sell?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
I have two sets of Cayman/Boxster wheels to sell (third set sold today):

- set of 18 inch (8.5 front and 10 rear) OZ Alleggerita HLT (Dark Grey) wheels with worn Hoosier A6's. Fronts have 40% left, rears have less than 10% left. 285/30 front, 315/30 rear. The OZ's are superlight weight; Offsets are ET53 front and ET40 rear. Wheels in excellent condition. $1,100 (pickup only in Northern NJ)

- set of 18 inch (8.5 front and 10 rear) Enkei NT 03+M silver wheels with 70% Kuhmo V710's 245/40 front and 305/30 rear. ET 50 front, ET 60 rear. These tires only have 7 heat cycles and they are still very grippy. *Only used for one two DE event. Wheels in excellent condition. $1,000 (pickup only in Northern NJ)

Picture of the Enkei's on the Cayman below.

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
21 - 29 of 29 Posts