Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read in a couple of places that Porsche lowered the recommended tire pressures on the 2009 Cayman, but articles don't say how much. Can anyone tell me what the rec. pressures are for 17 and 18 inch wheels for 2009?

TIA and Merry Christmas!

Thanks,
Gris
2008 Cayman

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've read in a couple of places that Porsche lowered the recommended tire pressures on the 2009 Cayman, but articles don't say how much. Can anyone tell me what the rec. pressures are for 17 and 18 inch wheels for 2009?

TIA and Merry Christmas!

Thanks,
Gris
2008 Cayman
I may be wrong, but I read that they lowered the tire pressure to soften the ride and to work with their retuned suspension. I would think that the recommended tire pressure is what is specified on the tag located on the inside driver's side doorwell. I don't think they would have changed the recommended tire pressure after the car had already been released. I have an '07 but the car is in storage and I forget why the recommended pressure is for comparison.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Here's a photo of the new pressures for 19" tires. They definitely did lower the recommendations across the board vs. the 06-08's given the new tires (N1 or N2 I believe) and new suspension tuning for the 2009 and newer cars.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
2009 with stock 18" Cayman S II wheels, factory Michelin PS2 Sports, the recommended pressure is 30 psi front / 31 psi rear.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
2009 with stock 18" Cayman S II wheels, factory Michelin PS2 Sports, the recommended pressure is 30 psi front / 31 psi rear.
Odd. Of course the 2008 18" spec is 30/36. I say odd because I'm much happier with the way the CS handles on the street with the PS2s at 35/40.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
+1 on that though my '08 with 18" are placarded 30/37. A bit higher in front has always been better.

Unless they really changed something in the suspension that low in the rear sounds a bit low. I'd think it would be a bit loose.

·
Registered
23 Posts
does different tires affect the recommended pressure?

i find the recommended pressure abit too low for my liking, is there any issues if i pump 2-3psi above the recommended pressure?
mine is on 19"

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
OP asked for 2009. Here is photo of my 2009 Cayman S label, for stock 18" Cayman S II wheels.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all who provided the 2009 tire pressure info.

I read somewhere that the tires for the 2009s were somehow different, too. It was in German so I only understood every fifth word, but I think the gist of it was that the new tires allowed lower rear tire pressures and a retuned rear suspension. Just another data point, and thanks again!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Can anyone provide the recommended tire pressure on 17" stock tires? I bought some winter wheels and can't find that information anywhere. This thread only shows 18" and 19".

Thanks!

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,860 Posts
Has anyone tried looking in the owner's manual? It's usually located in the glove box...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts