Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Dayton, OH? People give me grief about holding Croctoberfest as historic Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI, I wonder what those people would think about spending 4 days in Dayton, Ohio? :) :)

Maybe those who went in New Mexico last year can comment on the activities to give others a sense of what takes place during an escape?

·
Registered
41 Posts
We are planning on atending. We didn't make the Parade this year and it's been a life long dream to visit the USAF Museum and the Wright Brothers home/workshop.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
My wife and I started discussing this last night. We may be going this year since we did not make it to the Porsche Parade.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
See, you had me looking. I was expecting NC outer banks.

Now THAT could be good.

Even the Wright brothers realized that there wasn't enough room to launch their plane in Dayton (too congested even in 1903, was it??)... :taunt:

Actually, I'm just [email protected] bustin'... hope you have fun.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Yes, we're going. Can't miss an aviation themed Porsche event.

After Croctoberfest last year, we went to the aviation museum in Macon, GA at Warner-Robins AFB (and I thought about driving down to Pensacola ;-).

Should be fun!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Contrary to K-Man S' assertion, there are those that would like to spend 4 days in sunny Dayton OH.
Not only do we have running water, electricity and cable TV, please let it be known that the sidewalks of Dayton are open 365/24/7. Honest.
Kindly consider ignoring the recession the first week in October and join the Porsche Club's Ohio Valley Region in its festivities.
For more information about the events go to Porsche Escape to the Birthplace of Aviation event Dayton Ohio
You'll note that the Saturday night awards dinner is at the soon-to-be world famous Taj Ma Garaj,
The Taj Ma Garaj ® Automotively Chic Banquet Facilities
Stop by, we'll leave the lights on for you.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
See, you had me looking. I was expecting NC outer banks.

Now THAT could be good.

Even the Wright brothers realized that there wasn't enough room to launch their plane in Dayton (too congested even in 1903, was it??)... :taunt:

Actually, I'm just [email protected] bustin'... hope you have fun.:cheers:
Those of us in Ohio (licence plate says "first in flight") like to make fun of those North Carolina licence plates that say "birthplace of avaiation". To say NC was the birthplace of avaiation makes as much sense as saying Hiroshima was the birthplace of atomic energy.:eek:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Those of us in Ohio (licence plate says "first in flight") like to make fun of those North Carolina licence plates that say "birthplace of avaiation". To say NC was the birthplace of avaiation makes as much sense as saying Hiroshima was the birthplace of atomic energy.:eek:

Well, while you may be making fun, you're facts are wrong.

NC license plates say "First In Flight," not "birthplace of avaiation(sic)."

Seems like Ohio is a good place to run a bicycle shop, but not a good place to make a history.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Contrary to K-Man S' assertion, there are those that would like to spend 4 days in sunny Dayton OH.
Not only do we have running water, electricity and cable TV, please let it be known that the sidewalks of Dayton are open 365/24/7. Honest.
Kindly consider ignoring the recession the first week in October and join the Porsche Club's Ohio Valley Region in its festivities.
For more information about the events go to Porsche Escape to the Birthplace of Aviation event Dayton Ohio
You'll note that the Saturday night awards dinner is at the soon-to-be world famous Taj Ma Garaj,
The Taj Ma Garaj ® Automotively Chic Banquet Facilities
Stop by, we'll leave the lights on for you.
The Taj Ma Garaj is absolutely worth visiting and would be the sole reason I would go just for it! :)

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Well, while you may be making fun, you're facts are wrong.

NC license plates say "First In Flight," not "birthplace of avaiation(sic)."

Seems like Ohio is a good place to run a bicycle shop, but not a good place to make a history.
Next those people in Ohio and North Carolina are going to be arguing that they were the birthplace of basketball when we all know that was Kansas! :cheers:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Springfield, MA is the home of Basketball. Some fruity freaks nailed baskets up high and tried to throw a ball into the basket..... The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame - History Pretty sure this is where the YMCA song started. :crazy:

NC Plates read "First in Flight", at least every one of mine do.

Just for the record the Wright Brothers had no control over where they were hatched, however they flew the roost and landed in NC. :hilarious:

Look forward to seeing anyone who makes it.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
PatG,

While I agree that Naismith tacked up the basket in MA, he moved to Kansas to organize the sport on a larger level than the local YMCA as he couldn't get the support he needed in MA to do anything with his invention. He was Canadian so you could also argue he invented it while in Canada, experimented with it in MA, and perfected and implemented it in Kansas. Without Kansas basketball as we know it today likely wouldn't exist, but I digress.

You are correct that there is a top secret video of Dr. Naismith leading the YMCA cheer while in MA, when he moved to Kansas they already had the Rock Chalk Chant which for anyone has ever heard it knows it to be the best chant in all of sports. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ken,

Glad to see someone else has a sense of humor, :cheers:

I wasn't aware that Dr Naismith was Canadian. We lived just outside of Springfield while they were building the facility but never visited.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts