Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my issue with my 2010 Base Cayman with Bluetooth and base radio (no sound plus and no Bose). I have a Nokia phone and was able to pair it without a problem. But, every time I get in the car, my phone beeps and I have to accept the cars request to pair by pushing "yes" on my phone. On my other cars, the same phone pairs automatically with no need to push the button.

Has anyone had this issue?

BTW, loving the car.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so far.

So, the other wierdity is this;
I drive the car with radio and bluetooth on and phone paired.
I turn the car off and walk away for awhile.
I return, get in the car, start up and the radio will not make sound until I turn the engine off and back on again.

??

·
Registered
80 Posts
That's rather bizarre, I don't have that issue at all. Did you enable the auto pairing on your phone? I wonder if the CDR is just hanging waiting to pair up again. Otherwise, it might be worth a chat with the dealer.

I'm still trying to work out the address book transfer.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Odd, I don't have this problem on my 2010 CS (no PCM), but I have an iPhone (which has its own annoyances, like inability to send contacts over bluetooth).

·
Registered
216 Posts
On my other cars, the same phone pairs automatically with no need to push the button.
Are those 'other cars' within reach of the Bluetooth as well, i.e., in the same garage?

Bluetooth connects and disconnects automatically with my CDR upon turning the key on and off. However, with my MB, it connects when the phone comes within range of the car (up to ~30 feet away if it is a straight shot). I have not activated my current phone with both cars, but if I did, I imagine it would not connect to the Porsche until I drove out of range of the MB...or perhaps it would prompt me to connect it, as you are experiencing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are those 'other cars' within reach of the Bluetooth as well, i.e., in the same garage?

Bluetooth connects and disconnects automatically with my CDR upon turning the key on and off. However, with my MB, it connects when the phone comes within range of the car (up to ~30 feet away if it is a straight shot). I have not activated my current phone with both cars, but if I did, I imagine it would not connect to the Porsche until I drove out of range of the MB...or perhaps it would prompt me to connect it, as you are experiencing.
I have an 2010 E350 and the cayman in my garage, my phone is paired with both. It only pairs with the car that is turned on.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

It works the same whether my other cars are in range or not.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Odd, I don't have this problem on my 2010 CS (no PCM), but I have an iPhone (which has its own annoyances, like inability to send contacts over bluetooth).
I have the same problem on my non-PCM Spyder. Anyone know of a work-around to get names into contacts with an iPhone?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the iPhone, I didn't really want to get the PCM in my 2009 Cayman....but after working with the dealer, service and sales guys....and looking on the internet, this site and Renn....I reluctantly got the PCM...for auto contact loading, avoiding the CDR-30 limit of 100 contacts....and getting a much smoother setup...after the dealer finally updated the PCM 3.0 software/firmware to 1.4 it mostly works OK but according to the dealer Porsche is trying to work out more bugs...perhaps they should have let Hyundai design their NAV/BT ipod system...

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have the same problem on my non-PCM Spyder. Anyone know of a work-around to get names into contacts with an iPhone?
I spent a lot of time researching this, and as far as I can tell this this the story: Apple will not approve any app that sends contacts over bluetooth, so there are none on the app store. If you jailbreak your phone, there are some options that should work (but I'm not willing to jailbreak mine).

·
Registered
160 Posts
my experience is that all of my 400 contacts upload just fine with my Apple iphone and PCM 3.0....I drive it every day....but when I considered the CDR-30 version nothing worked consistently...and it was manual...and limited, according to PNA, to 100 contacts...so I think its a PNA issue....in particular with their base radio...

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the iPhone, I didn't really want to get the PCM in my 2009 Cayman....but after working with the dealer, service and sales guys....and looking on the internet, this site and Renn....I reluctantly got the PCM...for auto contact loading, avoiding the CDR-30 limit of 100 contacts....and getting a much smoother setup...after the dealer finally updated the PCM 3.0 software/firmware to 1.4 it mostly works OK but according to the dealer Porsche is trying to work out more bugs...perhaps they should have let Hyundai design their NAV/BT ipod system...
Good choice. I have a CDR-30 with an Iphone and it doesnt download contacts onto the unit. Not compatible. Should have gotten the PCM :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts