Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the money was close would it be worth 2~5 k and a model year less make it up later with resale value later.

·
Registered
97 Posts
For me the performance difference between the S and non-S was not worth it but the ability to choose my own options was. So I went for a non-S and spent (invested?) the money saved on options such as Carbon Fibre :)

Good Luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
562 Posts
If the money was close would it be worth 2~5 k and a model year less make it up later with resale value later.
Prior base owner, current S owner's opinion ... the S is absolutely worth it, for the increased performance, increased resale value, and psychological happiness.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
If I were in the same position you are, I would definitely go for the S

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't looking to buy a car when I went into a dealership while on travel. I ran into a 2010 boxster some optioned and bought only to trade it in with 300 miles. The price good but it has 3500 upgraded chrome wheels that I don't care for but the wife loves. So after looking around I found the same color boxster S but an 09 that is a CPO demo that has everything the 2010 does plus nav and Bose options for $5k more. Only 2k miles on it.

Now how to convince the wife it's a better deal? Oh the S doesn't have the blue top and interior that she also likes.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Although I got the Cayman S, I think one important factor to consider is where you get to do most of your driving. For instance, if you are mostly puttering around suburbia or some city, there are few opportunities to let the additional S power stretch its legs. If, however, you're going to the track, or live in an area with lots of good winding roads, then perhaps the S is the better choice.

I'm not arguing against the S, but much of my driving is the puttering kind, and the opportunities to let the engine really sing are pretty limited.

Yes, I understand that the logical conclusion of my argument has us all driving Smart ForTwos. Obviously, I don't believe that....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts