Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Can you post a wider shot; I'm not sure about this and would like a better look.
Lookin' good! Picts prove that it really happened. Please add some 3/4 rear photos also.
I had installed a similar part on my '07 Cayman 2.7, and it made a noticable difference in reducing "lightness" or "floatiness" at high speeds when I used to track that car. At street legal speeds, you likely won't notice any difference. But it sure looks nice!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Here you go :

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Some ongoing thoughts on the refresh..

Fvd tune... still love this but am getting used to the changes now. This happened with my Audi a long while back, first tune, then cat back, then turbo back, then a new tune...... it's like a drug.. I may need to consider the 200 cell cats earlier then intended.

Spacers.. love the wider and lower stance with my b8 R springs.. the bad part, even at just 7mm wider front, it's kicking up more crap to the sides... ah well....

Brembo low met brakes.. loving them.. really less brake dust.. had to e brake the other day due to a red light camera... flawless... and fast braking....Will move to the pads for the rear as well when the time comes.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So with more KMs on my setup, I think compared to the stock setup, there is more oversteer or if you want less understeer now. It's a relative as opposed to absolute observation... not sure I'm expressing myself correctly.

I don't think its due to the B8 R springs or the PSS but the spacers. If anything, with the PSS (225) and before the spacers which is slightly narrower than the PS2s (235) it replaced, I felt a tad more understeer. Now that the spacers are on, apart from a heavier steering feel, I'm finding it more responsive (?) into turns and swerving bends and as mentioned above, more oversteer/less understeer than before spacers. I;m not too sure what the preferred "driver's setup" is... more or less understeer?

With the lowered stance, no scraping of the front lip on humps and bumps (we have both here) but the front flap does tend to scrap mildly.

·
Registered
955 Posts
So with more KMs on my setup, I think compared to the stock setup, there is more oversteer or if you want less understeer now. It's a relative as opposed to absolute observation... not sure I'm expressing myself correctly.

I don't think its due to the B8 R springs or the PSS but the spacers. If anything, with the PSS (225) and before the spacers which is slightly narrower than the PS2s (235) it replaced, I felt a tad more understeer. Now that the spacers are on, apart from a heavier steering feel, I'm finding it more responsive (?) into turns and swerving bends and as mentioned above, more oversteer/less understeer than before spacers. I;m not too sure what the preferred "driver's setup" is... more or less understeer?

With the lowered stance, no scraping of the front lip on humps and bumps (we have both here) but the front flap does tend to scrap mildly.
By adding more spacer in the rear you reduce oversteer going from 15mm to say 20 mm per wheel will be noticeable in reducing oversteer. The heavy steering can be corrected by changing the caster to maybe 7.2 Adjustable swaybars also help correct the balance as well. I prefer almost a neutral balance.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
By adding more spacer in the rear you reduce oversteer going from 15mm to say 20 mm per wheel will be noticeable in reducing oversteer. The heavy steering can be corrected by changing the caster to maybe 7.2 Adjustable swaybars also help correct the balance as well. I prefer almost a neutral balance.
Thanks. I actually prefer a heavier steering.

For sway bars, front rear or both? The slighty more oversteer / less understeer is not major I don;t think but from a feel perspective, I'd probably like the current setup to have just a tad more understeer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks. I actually prefer a heavier steering.

For sway bars, front rear or both? The slighty more oversteer / less understeer is not major I don;t think but from a feel perspective, I'd probably like the current setup to have just a tad more understeer.
If its over-steery... I'd be cautious if you're doing certain style of driving up north at above regular speeds. B roads and etc....And given the tropical weather...etc, spin outs are not fun even if the MR set up of the Cayman is very driver friendly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
If its over-steery... I'd be cautious if you're doing certain style of driving up north at above regular speeds. B roads and etc....And given the tropical weather...etc, spin outs are not fun even if the MR set up of the Cayman is very driver friendly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks.. yeah.. I know what you mean about over steery for the b road drives.

·
Registered
955 Posts
You can just take off the front spacers to get you a little more understeer. Regarding the swaybars, you would need both f and r adjustable bars to fine tune the balance and stiffness you desire. Nothing complicated about the adjustable sway bars.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
You can just take off the front spacers to get you a little more understeer. Regarding the swaybars, you would need both f and r adjustable bars to fine tune the balance and stiffness you desire. Nothing complicated about the adjustable sway bars.
Lol. Thanks but I'd rather leave the spacers on.

Will see about the adjustable sway bars. The slight overseer is really not bad. It's a feel thing. Maybe my stock setup was understeerring more than it should gave been and I didn't know as I'm not sure what a right set up steers and feels like. What brand of adjustable sways should I read up on?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Tarett GT adjustable sway bars 5 holes in f and 4 holes in the rear. Your OEM downlinks will fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lol. Thanks but I'd rather leave the spacers on.

Will see about the adjustable sway bars. The slight overseer is really not bad. It's a feel thing. Maybe my stock setup was understeerring more than it should gave been and I didn't know as I'm not sure what a right set up steers and feels like. What brand of adjustable sways should I read up on?
Stock cars tend to understeer for driver safety for the most part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Brembo low met brakes.. loving them.. really less brake dust.. had to e brake the other day due to a red light camera... flawless... and fast braking....Will move to the pads for the rear as well when the time comes.
you shouldn't use the ebrake while moving on this car its only designed for parking and REAL emergency I suppose. There are "pins" you can feel at slow speed that engage, its not designed to jam in there at high speed.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
you shouldn't use the ebrake while moving on this car its only designed for parking and REAL emergency I suppose. There are "pins" you can feel at slow speed that engage, its not designed to jam in there at high speed.
My bad.. I didn't mean the handbrake... had to brake hard...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
So I've been with the tune for a few weeks now... an unexpected benefit from the tune is an increase in mileage. I'm getting about 8% more per tank then before the tune. No other mods done to exhaust, intake etc..

·
Registered
955 Posts
Can you confirm you have a DFI base 2.9L engine. Seem's that Edmonds says your engine is not DFI, while other's says Porsche changed over to DFI in 2010. Just want to get my facts straight.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts