Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here is a hill climb I just did on the weekend.
The exhaust sound with the Capristo exhaust on was none less than fantastic, esp the downshifts.
Parts of the track are very bumpy and more so with PASM Sport mode on while doing over 200kph.
It was the first time I ever did this so I have plenty of room for improvement. Slamming the brakes on at over 200kph while the car is bouncing like crazy to do a sharp left hander takes some getting used to!

Be sure to turn the volume up :) .

:cheers:

·
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was 3rd outright out of a mix of about 20 cars.
That white 911 stripped out race car came first and a modified 968RS Turbo came second.

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Ahhh but you are still learning your car and your car is a street/track car not a stripped out race car so I bet you'll see some more improvement as you get accustomed to it. Yes the Capristo exhaust sounds great but of course you know that now that you have one! :)

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Awesome stuff 4by4 (Gary), the car sounds fantastic and wow what a rough course that was....the use of a 4by4 may have been more appropriate :taunt:

Well done on 3rd and I'm sure your adrenaline was pumping for a long time after crossing the line :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
I think I ought to hear the Capristo once live... as I never liked the sound of it on video. But as for your track experience and win, that was really something BIG!

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
I think I ought to hear the Capristo once live... as I never liked the sound of it on video. But as for your track experience and win, that was really something BIG!
Repeat after me, the Capristo exhaust sound just cannot be accurately captured by most consumer level grade microphones. This is one exhaust you really should hear in person first before making up your mind about it.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Repeat after me, the Capristo exhaust sound just cannot be accurately captured by most consumer level grade microphones. This is one exhaust you really should hear in person first before making up your mind about it.
Should I take your word for it... and jump on board with the crowd?

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Thnx for the video.
Very narrow road with VERY poor runoff areas.
1st time on a new circuit,... learn it WELL first, then add speed.

Be careful people. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Don't want to stray too far off topic, but I've never heard an exhaust that screamed louder than a Capristo. The first time I heard it I was caught off guard when one of our local owners blipped it and it made me jump, as if someone has tossed a firecracker down at my feet...

Should I take your word for it... and jump on board with the crowd?

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts

·
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BTW, I got a custom version of the Capristo, with reduced volume in the open mode. So its still loud but not crazy loud. Thus if I happen to wind out out on the street, dogs wont yelp nor birds fall from the sky.

Note: If you go above 5000RPM or so, it will always go to the open mode. So no more stealthy red lining.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That is a very quick hill climb. If you want scary, check out Haunted Hill in Morwell (Vic). When are you gonna bring that thing down to Victoria for an event? Enter the Australian Tarmac Challenge - I have never seen a Cayman in one!

Btw, were you running semis? Looked like it had heaps of grip.

·
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some of the club members are going to Bathurst at Easter, but not me. Vic is kinda outa town somewhat!

Yep I put on Dunlop D03Gs' although I also ran PS2s for over a year on the track as well. See post # 3.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That was 3rd outright out of a mix of about 20 cars.
That white 911 stripped out race car came first and a modified 968RS Turbo came second.
I'm sure that would have ruffled a few purists feathers. In that light the car colour looks more "subdued" than in your original pictures, can only just tell the difference between yours and the black Cayman next to you.

BTW are those GT3 wheels.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That is a very quick hill climb. If you want scary, check out Haunted Hill in Morwell (Vic). When are you gonna bring that thing down to Victoria for an event? Enter the Australian Tarmac Challenge - I have never seen a Cayman in one!

Btw, were you running semis? Looked like it had heaps of grip.
I was supposed to be doing the Haunted Hills this weekend, but have a clash of schedules, so will have to wait till later in the year.

·
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm sure that would have ruffled a few purists feathers. In that light the car colour looks more "subdued" than in your original pictures, can only just tell the difference between yours and the black Cayman next to you.

BTW are those GT3 wheels.
Funny how it does that. Lovin the colour.

Wheels: No, they are Yokohama Advan.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.