Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in my quest for my ideal exhaust for my 2012 CS Black Edition, I've been leaning toward the Carnewal mod system. I currently have a Tubi catback with FVD 200-cell headers, but the Tubi is a little loud for the wife and not the pitch I was looking for (bought it based on my 987.1 Tubi experience, but it's quite different). Anyhow.

There are a lot of articles out there claiming the BE has the same exhaust as the R, with the 55mm intermediate pipes, but upon closer inspection, that doesn't appear to be the case. Measuring mine, they come up as 49ish mm. I bought the car un-modded with only 9k miles on it, so I have no reason to believe it was swapped out, but has anyone looked at a BE side by side with an R? I measured it to make sure I would be sending in the same exhaust I'd get back (thinking it was the rarer R size), but now, I'm a little frustrated with my findings. I'll probably still go the Carnewal route, but I might not have to send in mine first.

Anyone else seen anything similar? Thoughts?

·
Vendor
24 Posts
Hello,
I'm happy to see that in your quest for the ideal exhaust you have decided to go with our 200-cell headers. If you are looking for a muffler that has a deep rich tone but doesn't wake up the whole neighborhood, I highly recommend looking into the TUV approved version of our sport muffler, Sport Muffler 987.2 Cayman - Brombacher Edition - TÜV (Quieter) Version - Dual 3.5" (90mm) Tips. This muffler has been designed to comply with German cities strict decibel restrictions in the lower RPMs, but can still really open up once you get into the higher rev range. This muffler, in combination with our headers, will create a fantastic motorsports inspired sound without being too loud.

If you have any questions about this or any of our other product, please don't hesitate to send me a private message. Keep in mind that we do offer special forum pricing!
Theo Brombacher

1 - 2 of 2 Posts