Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

I'm debating between a 2012 fully optioned 911 Black Edition or a 2012 Carerra S. the Black Edition is listed for $64,900 with 27k miles, while the S model is listed for $69,900 and it has 18k miles. Both come with the PDK option. The S model is grey and is more dull looking than the Black Edition, but obviously has more power! Which should I chose?

Thanks!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hmmmmm....difficult to help much here. Are there many differences in the options present on each car? The black edition had a number of options including turbo wheels and some other goodies that made the price more attractive. The power difference of 40 hp or so may be significant, or not, depending upon how you intend to use the car. It sounds like you like the look of the black one better from a color perspective but are you prepared to live with a black car?

Simple answer.....drive them both and see which one feels better to you.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
lspain makes a good suggestion. As part of it, consider that the dull paint may be improved a bit but sounds like it will not look as sharp as the Black. So, consider what you feel each time you walk up to the car to drive it in addition to the 40 hp delta. Of course, if you look at my sig, you know how I vote :).

·
Registered
157 Posts
black edition is my choice i was stuck on a balsit black 911 or silver metallic platinum 911 and while the silver looked good under lights in showroom the black just popped better when no special lighting as for power that one is tough but i still believe porsche is not all about horsepower

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much guys! I bought the 2012 Black Edition 911 this evening and it looks stunning! I think I made the right choice it's still fast as heck and just marginally slower than the S. This was optioned out with the Sport plus as well. I am now a proud 911 owner :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks so much guys! I bought the 2012 Black Edition 911 this evening and it looks stunning! I think I made the right choice it's still fast as heck and just marginally slower than the S. This was optioned out with the Sport plus as well. I am now a proud 911 owner :)
Please post pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts