Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i have looked around ebay, looked through this forum, searched via google, tried to search ASK website (no help) and cant seem to find an answer.

I need to replace my ASK amp on a 2013 - 981 (Why this has gone bad so quickly is a extremely frustrating --- poor quality controls?)

Anyway the sticker on the AMP reads:
Verstaerker 981 Cabrio
HW 00

I found a couple on ebay:
ASK: 991.645.441.03
and
ASK: 981.645.442.02

So two questions:
1)Will either of the two amps above work as a drop in replacement?
2) How do i decipher the ASK model number? It looks like the 981 is the Porsche model but the remaining digits are a mystery to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was also curious if the existing ASK can support adding two speakers to the locations behind the headrest. Seems like it would be simple to add the speakers and run the wires under the trim to the amp.

·
Registered
437 Posts
which audio option did your car come with?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I believe that is what comes standard on the GTS but mine definitely has speakers near the sliding cubbys behind each seat. I did not get the Bose but it is interesting to hear you had trouble with the amp. Do you turn the volume up very high when listening?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.