Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm a long time lurker here. Back in '08, almost bought a CPO Cayman, but walked out in an effort to secure the price I thought was possible. Shortly thereafter, I dismissed the Cayman as "too impractical" and bought the BMW 128i that I had been looking at. Great car, but as they say, there is no substitute. The Porsche guy called me back 2 weeks later saying he could meet my price.

Now it's time to do it right. The BMW is long gone. The SUV is paid off. It's time for a Porsche. I was looking at a Cayman but found that I really liked the open air feeling of the Boxster. Given the fact that I just got a speeding ticket in a VW Tiguan (there is NO WAY I was doing 89 MPH) I am pretty sure that I don't need an S. I was going to wait until late November/December for the end of year slow sales season and to also increase my down payment but my local store had one that caught my eye, so I made an offer.

Asking $52881
2013 Porsche Boxster Agate Grey Metallic/Black standard interior, reported one owner lease return.
14,992 Miles
CPO
250 - Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
423 - 20-inch Carrera S wheel
658 - Power Steering Plus
844 - Multi-function Steering Wheel
AG - Partial leather / sports seats in Black
N0 - Agate Grey Metallic
P91 - Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System
P93 - Convenience Package
Ony thing missing from my list of wants is PDLS with Xenon

I offered $44,900 before Tax, Lic. doc. etc.

My rationale was based on KBB trade in, and also CPO suggested prices as well as what I have seen the national lease special residuals at.

My SA countered my offer, saying he could "make it work" at $48,682.75 before Tax, lic., doc etc. He explained that they do not buy lease returns from PCNA at residual but at a markup. I could take it but I have decided to hold out as previously detailed. I am sure there will be a similar amount of inventory later in the year and I am willing to travel or have one shipped from another state.

Anyone have any thoughts? How does that counter offer look to the experts out there? There are a couple of non Porsche dealers (BMW store) that have similar cars with good CARFAX reports that are starting around $48k. I suppose I could probably negotiate some off of that and then get the local Porsche store to CPO? Thanks for any input.

Raf

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Raf. I think you will be really happy with a base boxster. Same mid-engined balance as the cayman but the open type option. I was in the same place back in June. I found a 2013 base CPO at one of the local dealers. Car came with infotainment with Bose, pdls, per steering plus, premium package w/ 14 way memory seats, front & rear parking sensors, auto dimming, pwr fold mirrors. They had listed the car for $52k, reduced to $48.9. I ended up paying just over $45k before taxes, etc. I think your offer is in the right ball park. Unless they feel they have other interested parties you should be able to talk them down with some patience.

Good Luck,

TJ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts