Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I traded in my car for a 911 and it is listed at this dealer. The car is in excellent condition and it was completely trouble- free in the 4 years I had it. I already sold it so have so no skin the game but if anyone is interested in a low-mileage, well-maintained car (by the dealer), please take a look. Stored during the winter months. I had PSE installed in it and some other cosmetic things done like tail lights, black tail pipes, powder-coated the 19-inch wheels black etc. In case anyone is looking. I used it exclusively on backroads, no track use. Brand new MPSS tires as well. However no SC or PASM.

https://porschenashua.com/inventory/used/Porsche+Boxster+S+Nashua+New+Hampshire+2013+Red+1211993

·
Registered
340 Posts
I bought the same car from them this January, only mine had 38k on it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
106 Posts
I traded in my car for a 911 and it is listed at this dealer. The car is in excellent condition and it was completely trouble free in the 4 years I had it. I already sold it so have so no skin the game but if anyone is interested in a low-mileage, well-maintained car (by the dealer), please take a look. Stored during the winter months. I had PSE installed in it and some other cosmetic things done like tail lights, black tail pipes, powder-coated the 19-inch wheels black etc. In case anyone is looking. I used it exclusively on backroads, no track use. Brand new MPSS tires as well. However no SC or PASM.

https://porschenashua.com/inventory/used/Porsche+Boxster+S+Nashua+New+Hampshire+2013+Red+1211993
Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Why a 911 over the 981, and how is it set up? New or used? I'm very curious, especially how you think the two cars compare. Any pictures?

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Why a 911 over the 981, and how is it set up? New or used? I'm very curious, especially how you think the two cars compare. Any pictures?
No pictures, not yet because the car is on order. A 911 C4S new. If curious you can check it out with the code below. Living where we do, my Boxster was sitting in a rented garage six months of the year. And I didn't enjoy driving it with the top up. Too noisy with the PSE and at most I got 30 or so top down drives a year. So I decided to to get an awd 911 that I can use all year. Coupe with a glass sunroof. If I lived in San Diego, I would never have traded in my Boxster. But in NH, I can't go six months with no sports car.
The 911, to me at least, has a more open cabin and with the glass roof, a more relaxed environment. I splurged and got the C4S very nicely loaded. I haven't driven a MT C4S but did drive the base Carrera and it was an easier drive with the MT. Much lighter clutch, same shifter if not better, and much better visibility. Lovely car.

PJNH2IY0

Reactions: James III

·
Registered
897 Posts
Just looked at your build - great color combo, it's going to be stunning.

Good luck and hope to hear your thoughts on the 911 compared to the 981 platform.

Reactions: Anand

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just looked at your build - great color combo, it's going to be stunning.

Good luck and hope to hear your thoughts on the 911 compared to the 981 platform.
Thank you. I only drove it twice, the new base Carrera with the MT and came away very impressed. Light clutch and shifter, very fast although I didn't rev the engine on a brand new car above 4000 rpms. No 4S with the MT to drive. I wanted to order a C4 with the same options but no allocation. So decided to spend the extra 14k for the 4S. Strangely, it is much easier to get an allocation for the C4S than the C4. The flat six sound is more muted but still very nice.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Congrats! After all your agonizing over the decision, I'm sure you'll be very happy with the 911, although I don't know how you'll ever make it to August without a sports car. And don't abandon us here on P-9 in favor of some snooty 911 forum.
:cheers:

Reactions: StanNH and Anand

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats! After all your agonizing over the decision, I'm sure you'll be very happy with the 911, although I don't know how you'll ever make it to August without a sports car. And don't abandon us here on P-9 in favor of some snooty 911 forum.
:cheers:
Thank you. I am not going anywhere. Where else would I go to complain about the 911? :)
I know about the wait but the dealer wanted my car now and I got a better trade. So I got my car serviced in the fall, stored it in a rented garage for six months, paid insurance on it, got it detailed two weeks back and then traded it. Genius I am not.

Reactions: James III

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I traded in my car for a 911 and it is listed at this dealer.
First, congratulations are in order. Second, I hope you will enjoy it and never regret the decision.

Third, and most important ... please, please, please tell us you will go and pick it up in Zuffenhausen. Please?

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
First, congratulations are in order. Second, I hope you will enjoy it and never regret the decision.

Third, and most important ... please, please, please tell us you will go and pick it up in Zuffenhausen. Please?
Thank you. Regarding european delivery, I wish. Wife vetoed that idea. She is not into sports cars let alone travel to Europe to pick one up. We do vacation in Europe occasionally but South America is next on our list. She tolerated this purchase but I have been warned not to even think about another sports car in a long time. I will start working on her in 2020.:)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Thank you. Regarding european delivery, I wish. Wife vetoed that idea. She is not into sports cars let alone travel to Europe to pick one up. We do vacation in Europe occasionally but South America is next on our list. She tolerated this purchase but I have been warned not to even think about another sports car in a long time. I will start working on her in 2020.:)
I'll come instead!

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll come instead!
You sound like a really nice guy but if I went with you, I will have to move to Canada and live in your house. :) alternative would be sleeping in the garage in the 911. The 18-way seats should keep me comfortable.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
Anand - I know you wanted a C4 allocation and as you know, they are very hard to get. I thought my dealer had to trade to get my C4 for me but it turns out that PCNA just gave him an extra allocation. I suspect this is because my 911 will be my second European delivery and I had already reserved a pickup date with PCNA way before I even started negotiating (6 months prior). I told PCNA that my dealer didn't have a C4 allocation....and the next day, I got one. Maybe you could save yourself $14k and meet me in Leipzig on July 6th? :)

I would love to do a South American delivery. I actually looked into it but Porsche does not offer it. Driving a Porsche in Chile would be just awesome.

P.S. CincOH: Stuttgart is closed for pickup until early 2018. Mission E expansion. Leipzig is the only pickup for now. Here is a really good thread on the progress with pictures: https://rennlist.com/forums/mission...ic-changes-in-the-landscape.html#post14137960

Scroll to post #1.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. I never thought of calling PCNA. My dealer put in an order for a C4 but did not get allocations for July builds. The next allocation month, he told me is September. Kinda late now and mentally I have accepted the 124k price tag. I don't know whether he would have agreed to a 6% discount either.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
P.S. CincOH: Stuttgart is closed for pickup until early 2018. Mission E expansion.
Thanks for that information! Unfortunately, positive-outcome Black Swan events excluded, I will probably not need it (information) :)

I did not look closely your itinerary nor the order in which you are doing it, but will tell you this : if you want fast, go East, young man. Heard it more than once that the only real Autobahn left to enjoy anymore is all located on the other side of the Iron Curtain in ex-DDR. Crazy how these things turn out, huh? Our success clogged and smothered Western freeways even when speed limit is still a suggested 80 mph, no limit imposed. Ex -DDR? Wide open spaces, empty Autobahn you can still enjoy, mostly built in the first half of the '90s or later. Think about it. And have fun!

Ah, yes, Anand ... pics or it didn't happen. Of the sacrificial lamb for celebrations as well :)

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pictures definitely if I survive until the projected delivery date in late August. And if I can stop changing the configuration, that will help as well to expedite the order. My sales guy is going insane I think.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Anand, Congrats, gorgeous car! I am considering a similar move. Coming up on 4 years with my CS, which I love, but alas I'm a car guy and always looking for the next great car. I'm very intrigued by the 991.2, have been lurking on Rennlist for the past 6 months or so. My brother is also considering a 911, would be his first P-car. We're planning to go car shopping in a couple weeks, he also wants to test drive the Jag F-type. Need to find a dealer with both C2 and C2S MT's to test drive. Should be fun!

Reactions: Anand
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.