Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed a small seepage from the passenger front, appears to be coming from this area. I know there is small lines below but, nothing that high that moved coolant unless it's spraying or leaking elsewhere. Any ideas.
Light Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Auto part

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
V8 engine..

Offhand - so take it with a grain of salt - it looks like a hydraulic chain tensioner, that's fed oil under pressure and pushes a piston into the chain guide/tensioner. I see a bit of oil grime on it, but I'm not certain what makes you feel it's a coolant leak..

Font Triangle Automotive exterior Auto part Line art

Looks like the right spot..

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
V8 engine..

Offhand - so take it with a grain of salt - it looks like a hydraulic chain tensioner, that's fed oil under pressure and pushes a piston into the chain guide/tensioner. I see a bit of oil grime on it, but I'm not certain what makes you feel it's a coolant leak..

View attachment 278608

Looks like the right spot..
A grain of salt is a beginning, the picture is from online, not much room on the actual car. Getting my hand in the area I can see and taste that it is coolant.

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
Soupcan, From experience I can report that fluid leaks can follow torturous paths and drip somewhere far away from the actual source, keep that in mind as you chase the corrective action, good luck!
And the general path most leaks take is down and/or back. You might want to look around the thermostat housing where the two large coolant pipes go into it. Those are known problem spots and at about the same level or even a bit above the spot you're seeing coolant. Look under the intake Y... and follow the big coolant hoses/pipes back into the V.

Reactions: Boristhespyder
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.