Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PDK Sport Chrono w/ Porsche Active Drive Management : Received dashboard fault code after normal driving in Sport Mode mileage registered at 29,194. Dealer confirmed with electrical test a faulty Dynamic Transmission Mount. part # 981-375-059-06 and associated hardware required for repair (Left trans. mount.) Vehicle under warranty and all repairs covered by Porsche. This single shock replacement would total $1890. without warranty coverage (as estimated by service writer) PADM is activated while Sport or Sport Plus is in use.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
PDK Sport Chrono w/ Porsche Active Drive Management : Received dashboard fault code after normal driving in Sport Mode mileage registered at 29,194. Dealer confirmed with electrical test a faulty Dynamic Transmission Mount. part # 981-375-059-06 and associated hardware required for repair (Left trans. mount.) Vehicle under warranty and all repairs covered by Porsche. This single shock replacement would total $1890. without warranty coverage (as estimated by service writer) PADM is activated while Sport or Sport Plus is in use.
Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Yes, finally broke down and paid the $1700 repair bill for my failed right sided mount a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately no warranty for me

The same mounts are used as the motor mounts of the 911 with sport Chrono versus the transmission mounts in the reversed engine Cayman.

My research determined that it’s quite common for these mounts just to short out and fail spontaneously sometimes on cars that are only a few weeks old

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Yes, finally broke down and paid the $1700 repair bill for my failed right sided mount a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately no warranty for me

The same mounts are used as the motor mounts of the 911 with sport Chrono versus the transmission mounts in the reversed engine Cayman.

My research determined that it’s quite common for these mounts just to short out and fail spontaneously sometimes on cars that are only a few weeks old
I think there’s a LOT of these advanced features that are gonna fail much later than warranty. Glad mine is pretty lightly spec’d. It’s bad enough the $3000 in failed headlight material. Had all the service done at the dealer from day one and no one noticed till after the warranty was up. Now it’s a $3000 repair on me. Nice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts