Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys - I am in need of painting my new spoiler (knocked off in an accident)...and I just want to verify the operation of the override switch.
It appears once it is pushed, the spoiler will un-retract and stand up.
However, it cannot be reset to auto-mode until the car is started again.
Is that the case ?
My mechanic was going crazy over this....but I appeared to have stumbled on the solution after trial-and-error.
I just want to verify the operation, that's all.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
If you are referring to the spoiler button on your console, if you press it down anytime below 75 MPH the spoiler will go up while you are holding it down until it gets to the top of its run. So if you press it only briefly it will only go up a little bit. While it is manually "up" it will not operate automatically -- it will just stay where you put it.

Pressing it again even briefly tells it to go down all the way.

Once it is down all the way it is back in auto mode. The engine does not have to be running for any of this, but the key needs to be in the ignition and turned to "on".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
311 Posts
Note that it will only go down all the way above 9MPH when you push the button and it was put up manually. When stopped or barely moving you must hold the button (I presume so you don't catch anyone's fingers).

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Pressing it again even briefly tells it to go down all the way.
It's actually backwards, like NetMage said, for safety reasons (not catching a finger, or some other appendage;)). At least on my 2016. If you release the button before it's fully retracted, it goes up again. I have it up since I bought the car. Only retracted it once. Need to retract it again to check its alignment, which was mentioned to be off on many cars at the edges. Since it has adjustment, might do that if needed.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow guys, I am thankful for these responses. Of course, my big problem is that I didn't RTFM (read the f...king manual) yet.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Note that it will only go down all the way above 9MPH when you push the button and it was put up manually. When stopped or barely moving you must hold the button (I presume so you don't catch anyone's fingers).
Huh! Totally correct - I guess I have never tried to put it down while stationary! Thanks!

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
But why do you need any of this to repaint spoiler? The top part is detachable with 5 screws on the front lip. After that you can take painted part off and paint...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.