Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Orig owner of above vehicle coming off 4yr warranty. Dealer offers ext warr but have not gotten into details. what is a reasonable price for adding another 3 years of coverage?
s it truly a porsche ext warranty thats available? If not, whats a reputable company?

they want me to come in and look over the car before a quote. Car runs perfectly and am the originql owner but plan on getting maint from German car garage.

any opinions if I should bother with this ext warr or just roll the dice? I love this car and only drive about 4-5k miles a year. It needs tires and thats about it although the 4 yr ripoff service is due soon.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
The only 'official' extended warranty is in the form of 'certification', and it only adds 2 years, but 50K miles more, for a total of 6-yrs/100K miles, FYI. What you're getting offered must be an aftermarket one. I'd never buy such a thing, but many owners believe in them. And it's certainly a cash-cow for dealers. The chances of losing money are way greater than being beneficial, as you probably know. The only way it'd make sense is if you live check by check; otherwise you're way better off 'self-insuring' yourself, especially with a trouble-free car. Good luck.

·
Registered
832 Posts
My advice, which is free so take it for what it is worth, lol.
First, make sure you get your 4 yr service done, by Porsche, before the warranty expires! I can't stress this enough. Second, I don't know if you can get Porsche to Certify your car. But, if you can it is probably pretty expensive.
I've had after market warrantee experience on other cars with mixed results. So, assuming you've had no issues with the car to date, I would just put the money that would have gone toward the extended warrantee into the bank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.