Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I did an extensive search on Google and several Forums before posting this note. I recently picked up a new to me 2014 Cayman S with 44,000 KM (28K Miles) it was a 02/13 build and was first registered about 2 months later. One of the items on the list of options is Launch Car. The Dealer mentioned that it was the first 2014 Cayman they received and they sold it almost immediately.

I am wondering what your thoughts on it being a "Launch Car" and am hoping someone can better explain to me if there is anything to know about "Launch Cars"

Thanks in Advance

GT

·
Registered
236 Posts
Launch Cars sometimes had specific option or color combinations to highlight the best features of the new 981 model. I don't think there is anything unique other than it was one of the first cars into Canada.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2014 Boxster S, Racing Yellow
740 Posts
When I was searching for my Boxster a couple years back I was contemplating purchasing one of the launch cars for the 981 Boxster S. As Tom indicated, launch cars have a specific pre-configured color and option set. The dealers weren't able to tailor the configuration.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Launch cars are possibly used by Porsche for showing the cars to press; the press may have 'tested' them vigorousy.

V6

1 - 5 of 5 Posts