Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My PDK gearbox/transmission was recently replaced under warranty by my Porsche Centre.
The unit was installed last week and testing/calibration was performed yesterday and today.
The technician tells me today that he is not satisfied with the shift quality of the new unit and needs to perform further testing and re-calibration that may take some time.

I assumed that the calibration of a new PDK gearbox would take a day or two tops.

Can anyone advise if this is normal?

My Audi Mk 2 (8J) TT had a new DSG unit that was calibrated in one day. So, I assumed that a new PDK unit would also be relatively quick to calibrate.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Assuming the old one was defective, what he's gotta do is clear the learned behavior from the old transmission and let the new one start learning on its own. I don't think there is much that needs "calibration" on a PDK transmission.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There seems to be an adaptation procedure that requires the car to be driven at different RPMs, in different gears and at different engine loads. This, I am told, has to be done in a very specific way and it can be messed up easily. Not sure how true that is...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts