Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I owned a 2007 CS for 6 years and sold it two years ago to get into a P4S. Big mistake! I miss the Cayman, so I'm thinking of picking up either a 987.2 CS with PDK or a used 981 CS with PDK. Has anyone bought a used 981 CS recently, or have you traded one in? If so, could you share trade in values and purchase prices vs the original MSRP? There seems to be a number of used 981s available at Porsche dealers. I'm trying to figure out how much room the dealers have on price. I've seen some examples offered as much as 20% off original MSRP, but those were very well optioned cars. Does anyone have auction values? I'm assuming there haven't been many at auction yet? Thanks!

·
Registered
534 Posts
When I was looking at new vs used 981s I found that there were exceedingly few used 981 cars on the market and the few that were out there were not equipped the way I wanted. So while yes, you might get $10k-15k off MSRP, you probably won't get exactly the car you want. For me it was worth paying a little bit more and getting exactly the car I wanted (brand new to boot).

·
Registered
66 Posts
have been looking for the past 3 weeks and dealt with 3-4 dealers. I have also been searching autotrader and carguru and other sites. I was not looking for an exact match or even close to a exact match but did notice that because a cayman or boxter can be built so specific it was hard to find a great match. I did find 2-3 cars that were great matches, but they all had more than 15K on them. In the end I bought a 15 gts that was perfect. so my budget went from 55-60 K to 80K. Wife and kids got very irritated by the "car" discussion that they said that I should buy the car I love and not like.

Advice, have patience and you will find your car.If you are looking for a specific car send me a private message as I do have another solution.
Good luck

·
Registered
747 Posts
in oct 14 i traded a 14cs with 4k mi. mt 75msrp on a 15 cs. got 60 plus 8% off msrp on the 15. they sold my car for 65 they started @70 .today in SCal the 14 CS's are low to mid 60s cars. carl

·
Registered
747 Posts
blk/blk 6sp PASM 14way PS sport techno 20s sirus bose htd seats PDLS+ PS-plus. 4000 mi. perfect cond not a mark 75 MSRP . carl

. image.jpg 14 981 cs.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've been searching multiple sites (Porsche USA, e-bay, PCA classifieds, carguru) for a very low mileage 2014 CPO Cayman S, and as was noted above, it's very hard to find the exact combination of colors/options desired (no black, red or yellow colors, 6MT, PASM or sport suspension, seat vent, SportsChrono, Bose/Infotainment/Navi, 14 or 18 pwrseats. I have a couple of possible options, but am looking for advice on what type of discounts from the posted CPO price I should be able to negotiate. I've heard 5% is good, but more likely will only get 2 - 3% from most dealers. I'd buy from an individual, but my wife is very concerned about that course, even with a PPI. I'm looking for some advice, as I really want to pull the trigger pretty quickly...

Thanks much,

Pat

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
I've been searching multiple sites (Porsche USA, e-bay, PCA classifieds, carguru) for a very low mileage 2014 CPO Cayman S, and as was noted above, it's very hard to find the exact combination of colors/options desired (no black, red or yellow colors, 6MT, PASM or sport suspension, seat vent, SportsChrono, Bose/Infotainment/Navi, 14 or 18 pwrseats. I have a couple of possible options, but am looking for advice on what type of discounts from the posted CPO price I should be able to negotiate. I've heard 5% is good, but more likely will only get 2 - 3% from most dealers. I'd buy from an individual, but my wife is very concerned about that course, even with a PPI. I'm looking for some advice, as I really want to pull the trigger pretty quickly...

Thanks much,

Pat
Did you try our Find Your Porsche tool at the top of the page of the website?

·
Registered
1 Posts
With all due respect, the Finder is a great idea, however, none of the cars were available. The concept's value is being current??/

·
Registered
70 Posts
K-Man S.

I sent you a PM regarding your message, but thus far, I haven't heard from you. I've located a couple of cars of which I'm quite interested, but I'd like to get your input, as well as other forum members' input on discounts I should be able to push for, when negotiating the final out the door price. For instance, what is the reasonable going rate for a 3M clear bra on the nose and mirror pods? I'd like to know if I should barter that into the deal, or just wait and get it done locally after I get the car?

Please advise as these cars may require fairly quick action on my part.

Pat

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
With all due respect, the Finder is a great idea, however, none of the cars were available. The concept's value is being current??/
That is incorrect the Finder tool grabs current Porsche inventory from each dealer as the dealer reports it on a daily basis. If the car isn't available it is a problem with the dealer not updating their inventory correctly and not a problem with our tool.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
K-Man S.

I sent you a PM regarding your message, but thus far, I haven't heard from you. I've located a couple of cars of which I'm quite interested, but I'd like to get your input, as well as other forum members' input on discounts I should be able to push for, when negotiating the final out the door price. For instance, what is the reasonable going rate for a 3M clear bra on the nose and mirror pods? I'd like to know if I should barter that into the deal, or just wait and get it done locally after I get the car?

Please advise as these cars may require fairly quick action on my part.

Pat
Pm forthcoming

1 - 12 of 12 Posts