Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you got your 2014 Cayman brand new, I would appreciate learning what books and keys the car came with. Just an Owner's Manual, or more? In some sort of binder/folder? Two keys only (not Porsche Entry option), or a valet key also? I'm going to go look at a CPO 2014 Cayman S and wanted to know what should accompany the car. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
I got two keys and an Owner's Manual. The Owner's Manual came in a nice binder. (Maybe I got a valet key. I can't remember. I never trust a valet to park my car so I don't need the key.) Sometimes Porsche will send you a DVD and other books . . . and a Porsche ballpoint pen.

·
Registered
106 Posts
UK - Two keys, manual, quick start "mini" manual, Porsche branded leatherette binder, 2 bottle of rather nice wine in a presentation box, a Porsche branded/colour matched leather key fob, Leather key pouch and a Porsche Pen........ ohh and a nice shiney Red Cayman thrown in for free. (Don't have the pen yet it's on order)

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
What's the valet key? I understand what it means but how does it look like? And does it limit the speed and revs of the car?

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
I got two keys and an Owner's Manual. The Owner's Manual came in a nice binder. (Maybe I got a valet key. I can't remember. I never trust a valet to park my car so I don't need the key.) Sometimes Porsche will send you a DVD and other books . . . and a Porsche ballpoint pen.
I do not remember a valet key either - so I guess NO.

And just to be complete re mention of "manuals" above, such written materials with car at delivery included a) Car Manual, if so equipped b) a PCM Manual, and c) the quick reference card also noted elsewhere. All in Black leather fold over. If your CPO has a PCM then that manual is most essential.

And FYI the current version of iManual (an online version of Car Manual) for the 981's is IMHO now not as user friendly as when originally put up on web.

:cheers:

·
Registered
728 Posts
there is no third valet key. however, there is a glovebox locking/door keyhole fitting metal key that slides into the keyfob.

also came with one owners manual, one maintenance schedule logbook and a leather binder to keep these in. Finally, 2014 models came with a rear cargo net, 2015s did not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts