Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a few PCNA CS across the country but only a handful with the options and color I want. How much off of the asking price should I expect to get?

Thanks in advance.

Cliff C.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,107 Posts
You might want to search for threads on here asking a similar question. They are numerous and I bet you will find your answer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
2014 Cayman S. I've seen them all across the country, Tx, Co and Cali.

Searched the Forum but nothing relevent to my search, PCNA Dealer, CPO, car from Porsche, maybe a PCNA Demo/Journalist/Test car.

Most have under 10K miles.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,107 Posts
... nothing relevent to my search ......
Relavency?

You mean to tell us that you didn't find pricing strategy per region?

Or that you mean that you didn't find the exact thing you are looking at with a price posted?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, pricing on a PCNA car that was purchased from them. How much of a discount should one expect or, what is their usual mark-up on cars the dealers purchase from PCNA in Porsche dealer only paper auctions?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Now is the BEST time to buy a car, regardless of which type. People are spending money on Christmas presents, not cars, so that's the first thing in your favor - no one visiting the dealer. #2, dealers pay an inventory tax on Jan 1 so they want to make deals and move those expensive cars. You should be able to get megga discounts if you can pull the trigger before midnight NYE.

I bought my LE on NYE 07 and they knocked $8K off sticker. I didn't figure they'd budge since this one was #5 of 250, let alone $8K. But I strolled into the dealership at 2pm and held firm on my offer.

Make them aware that you're going to buy a car but shoot them some low (not ridiculous) offers. What's the worse they can say, no?

Reactions: swessels

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I assumed that as well especially with how much follow-up I received on the inquiries I made, even on a Sunday. I'm just wondering what amount, percentage wise, would be a winner and they accept my offer? I guess I'll try 15% and see what their reaction is. My thought is that if PCNA Dealers ONLY get to bid these cars from PCNA and not have the competition of independent dealers mucking the bidding up, they get them for far less than at an auction where they are in the race with independents.

Thank you!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think if you are satisfied with a 15% discount, there are lots and lots of cars available to you.

Here is how I see it and I having been shopping and watching prices on new orders, new on-the-lot, and used CPOs. I have found reported and advertised discounts to be highly regional. For whatever reason, some dealers appear to be getting more than others for very similar cars. This is particularly interesting because given the prices of these cars, the average buyer is much more likely to be willing to travel to get the right car, which I would have thought, would have reduced the regional factor.

Here are the discounts I would be looking for (all for non-GTS vehicles) from sticker for a modestly optioned car(+/- $15k options):
For custom ordered 2015: 6% to 9% off
For new, on-the-lot 2015: 8% TO 12% off
For new, on-the-lot 2014: 12% to 16% off
For used, on-the-lot 2014 w/o CPO: 20% to 25% off (depending on mileage)
For used, on-the-lot 2014 with CPO: add $2500 to non-CPO discount above

Right now I am aware of a base CPO Cayman, 10K miles, with a sticker of $68K on a Porsche dealer lot with an asking price of $52K, which is roughly a 24% discount. I could likely be had for close to $50K.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! That much? As to the % off for used, on the lot with CPO, are you talking about off the Original MSRP Sticker (when new) % off the used asking price?

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
For new cars it's not difficult to find the invoice price. I always do invoice plus $X over invoice. For used cars you have to find find out what the auction prices are for 981s in your area. This can get tricky since unlike new cars there are many variables regarding the car's condition. For example there's a dealer in my area who buys 911s that were used at the Porsche Driving School. These cars always had moderate miles on the odometer, but not sure I'd want a car that was driven at red line and beyond for 95% of the time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow! That much? As to the % off for used, on the lot with CPO, are you talking about off the Original MSRP Sticker (when new) % off the used asking price?

Yes, all percentages are off of sticker and on a moderately optioned car (~ $15k options, sort of typical). As the options go up, so should the discount. Likewise, if you are looking at a stripped down version (options < $5K) then the percentage off would be less. The base cars have invoices of about 10% off, but the options invoice at 15% off, consequently, the more options, the greater the discount should be.

There is a forum dealer selling a $90K BS stickered car and asking $72K, which is roughly an 18% discount for a new on-the-lot vehicle. Who knows, if that is the care you are looking for, it could probably be had for $70k.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Here are my personal experiences, if that will help.

In March 2012 I bought a Cayman R as CPO with 5800 miles on it. Sticker was $79K, it had well over $5K in owner options and I got 13% off.
In October 2013, I bought a 981 Cayman 2.7L with just under 5800 miles on it. Sticker was $67K and I got 12% off. If I had not taken the CPO coverage it would have dropped the price another $1,600.

The Cayman R was in Birmingham, Alabama and the 981 in Melbourne, Florida. So, very different cars with different locations/demand but not that different in pricing. The Cayman Rs were in high demand at that time with build slots for new used up. The 981 was only a few months off of launch and very little pre owned inventory available.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I know the OP was about a 2014, but for what it is worth ... when I bought my 2013 BS CPO in October -- Very clean, 16K miles, optioned as seen in sig below -- Original Sticker was $88k, they were asking $67.5, I got it for $66k. No trade, cash deal. They serviced it and put on two new rear tires prior to sale.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about a Used,on the lot, CPO, 2015 Cayman GTS?
I think if you are satisfied with a 15% discount, there are lots and lots of cars available to you. Here is how I see it and I having been shopping and watching prices on new orders, new on-the-lot, and used CPOs. I have found reported and advertised discounts to be highly regional. For whatever reason, some dealers appear to be getting more than others for very similar cars. This is particularly interesting because given the prices of these cars, the average buyer is much more likely to be willing to travel to get the right car, which I would have thought, would have reduced the regional factor.Here are the discounts I would be looking for (all for non-GTS vehicles) from sticker for a modestly optioned car(+/- $15k options):For custom ordered 2015: 6% to 9% offFor new, on-the-lot 2015: 8% TO 12% offFor new, on-the-lot 2014: 12% to 16% offFor used, on-the-lot 2014 w/o CPO: 20% to 25% off (depending on mileage)For used, on-the-lot 2014 with CPO: add $2500 to non-CPO discount aboveRight now I am aware of a base CPO Cayman, 10K miles, with a sticker of $68K on a Porsche dealer lot with an asking price of $52K, which is roughly a 24% discount. I could likely be had for close to $50K.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts