Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Considered myself schooled. Yet there were 2013 built and sold elsewhere ?
I guess the small quantity of Cayman sold here didn't matter as long as Porsche was selling Cayenne's & 911's ?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Or any other year. For that matter other than some put together race program cars, I don't Porsche has ever produced cars in the US.
If are trying to say no 2013 Cayman's were sold in the US I might be wrong but no true either.
Care to explain ?
There were no 2013 cayman produced for the US market, at least that has been my experience when looking. I believe they were all sent here as 2014 MY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Considered myself schooled. Yet there were 2013 built and sold elsewhere ?
I guess the small quantity of Cayman sold here didn't matter as long as Porsche was selling Cayenne's & 911's ?
The first 981 released in the United States was the Boxster as a 2013 MY. As stated, the first 981 Caymans were sold only as 2014 models, however they were built in 2013.

My 2014 CS was built in April 2013, I Purchased it and drove it home in August 2013 as a first release 2014 model

I’m not personally clear on how it was handled in the rest of the world

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Or any other year. For that matter other than some put together race program cars, I don't Porsche has ever produced cars in the US.
If are trying to say no 2013 Cayman's were sold in the US I might be wrong but no true either.
Care to explain ?
And yes, I am fully aware Porsche has never MANUFACTURED cars in the US. I’m not new to the car thing nor Porsche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 45 of 45 Posts