Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to determine all the wheel options that were available to order on a 2015 Cayman GTS. I've been able to google order guides for other Porsches but can't find anything for this car. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I'm trying to determine all the wheel options that were available to order on a 2015 Cayman GTS. I've been able to google order guides for other Porsches but can't find anything for this car. Can anyone help?
I believe that the GTS would have had the same options as the rest of the Boxster/Cayman line. I think that it came with black Carrera S wheels by default The wheel options were:

18" -Boxster, Cayman
19"- Boxster S, Cayman S
20" - Carrera S, Carrera Classic, Sport Techno

The Carrera S and Sport techno could be ordered painted. The turbo design wheel may have been offered at one time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hoping this is true, that the GTS was available to order with 19”x8.5”/10” wheels and suspect it was but I’m looking for documentation that is the case. Can anyone help?

Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
I believe that the GTS would have had the same options as the rest of the Boxster/Cayman line. I think that it came with black Carrera S wheels by default The wheel options were:

18" -Boxster, Cayman
19"- Boxster S, Cayman S
20" - Carrera S, Carrera Classic, Sport Techno

The Carrera S and Sport techno could be ordered painted. The turbo design wheel may have been offered at one time.
The 20 inch Carrera S wheels were standard for the GTS but they were not black in my opinion.......

Reactions: M. Schneider

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
The 20 inch Carrera S wheels were standard for the GTS but they were not black in my opinion.......
Maybe not (you should know!), but it seems that every Porsche GTS model on the configurator has black wheels. USA and Canada.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Do you have the list of option codes for the car? This will list the wheel, and usually, the colour. Often in the 4xx Range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered, and still own, a 2015 CGTS. The 20 Carrera S wheels were standard and they were silver. I opted for the Sport Technos, also silver. I believe there may have been a black, or grey Carrera option as well as the silver with black Turbo wheels. There were no 18 or 19 inch options.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
There was an option of a “satin matte” finish on the Carrera S wheels which is what I ordered (assuming 2015 and 2016 options were the same).

·
Registered
475 Posts
There was an option of a “satin matte” finish on the Carrera S wheels which is what I ordered (assuming 2015 and 2016 options were the same).
That's what I have on mine, and the option of black was also available.

Pulled up the GTS specific catalog I still have in pdf. Looks like standard was Carrera S, options were 911 Turbo Design or the S in high-gloss black, Black Satin and the satin matte I have.

I swear I think I saw one on a lot with the techno wheels, but I may be wrong. Also could have been dealer-added. Also this is just catalog, not the ordering form so not definitive limits.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Maybe not (you should know!), but it seems that every Porsche GTS model on the configurator has black wheels. USA and Canada.
AS noted silver wheels were available... the association of black wheels with GTS surely comes from the general "black" trim items that were hallmarks of the GTS. Heck, that's why I ordered black satin wheels on my GTS --- and black wheels go especially nicely with Racing Yellow - IMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
All of the speculation above really doesn't answer the question. Yes - 20" wheels came as standard, but what other wheels were offered in the order guide? Could you order anything in 19" as an option? The best real documentation would be a copy of the order guide for 2015.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Not from the "order guide" but from the hardcover promotional material -- only 20in wheels were available OEM; 20 in Carrera S (silver and black gloss and black Satin) and 20 in 911 Turbo Design Wheels

1 - 13 of 13 Posts