Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up my 2015 Cayman S yesterday. To my pleasant surprise, it does not come with headlight washers. This must be a 2015 change as i did not specify deleting it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
>> If you got PDLS, you got washers. No PDLS, no washers (per PAG literature). <<

It used to be that we got washers whenever Xenon headlights were outfitted because the EU codes required them. Isn't that the case anymore?

·
Registered
728 Posts
>> If you got PDLS, you got washers. No PDLS, no washers (per PAG literature). <<

It used to be that we got washers whenever Xenon headlights were outfitted because the EU codes required them. Isn't that the case anymore?
Maybe in Europe. Not the case here in the U.S.

·
Registered
260 Posts

I believe that the no-extra-cost bi-xenon lights (non-PDLS) are less powerful than those included with PDLS, and that the EU regulations in fact allow xenon without washers with the (rarely-seen) low-power xenons.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Maybe in Europe. Not the case here in the U.S.
I know that, but they gave them to us anyway to keep it simple on the production lines. Both my 993 and 996 GT3 had plain old Xenon headlights and washers here in the US.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe that the no-extra-cost bi-xenon lights (non-PDLS) are less powerful than those included with PDLS, and that the EU regulations in fact allow xenon without washers with the (rarely-seen) low-power xenons.
You are right! We don´t need washer with the low-power xenons...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts