Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: 2015 Geneva Autoshow GT4 live webcast on 3/5/2015 (link included)

Can't wait, really anxious to see the GT3RS

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts

A pity I will not be able to attend that day... the press pass they give to "bloggers" seems to be the 2nd day only.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts

A pity I will not be able to attend that day... the press pass they give to "bloggers" seems to be the 2nd day only.
They don't want us to upstage them like we did last time at the LA Auto show where the Planet-9 live video stream worked great but the Porsche one broke down and left people hanging. Of course they could have simply asked us to handle it for them... I expect that you'll get some great interviews to share with our members as opposed to the pure marketing fluff we are likely to get on the Porsche stream, nothing wrong with Porsche's stream, just that I doubt they will address the many questions that our members have, hence needing you there. :)

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts

I'm so surprised they released the GT4 video but kept the GT3 RS unadvertised till now.

Why did they release the GT4 early and why they didn't release the GT3 RS?

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts

I'm so surprised they released the GT4 video but kept the GT3 RS unadvertised till now.

Engine Fires?

BTW the Live Stream is now available on the HOME PAGE! Check it out! :)

·
Registered
72 Posts

Because the GT4 is the BIG NEWS and they didn't want the GT3 RS to overshadow it. See press release:

ATLANTA, Feb. 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG is celebrating the world premiere of two extreme sports cars at this year's Geneva International Motor Show. The new Cayman GT4 is the first high-performance sports car belonging to the GT family that is based on the mid-engine coupes. Clocking a lap time of seven minutes and 40 seconds on the North Loop of the Nurburgring, the new model makes a great debut.

The second model is another exceptional Porsche that sets new performance standards in its segment. The world premiere will take place during the Porsche press conference at the Palexpo Arena in Geneva at 5:30am EST (11:30am CET) on March 3, 2015. A live webcast will be available in German and English on: Porsche Live. This vehicle confirms the sports car manufacturer's commitment to high-performance sports cars that are enjoyable for everyday driving.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts

Actually there were too many leaks around the GT4 (including their own video) so they had to release the info early.

Reactions: beaverlake
1 - 8 of 8 Posts