Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Also, just as a side note, I noticed that every Porsche cars in the hall were parked with the Porsche crest facing the right side up. Huge props to Porsche for having such attention to details.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I also noticed this weird paint issue at the bottom of the side skirt on the new 991.2. Notice the really ugly dimples on the paint job that runs along the whole side, right above the black plastic strip?

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I also noticed this weird paint issue at the bottom of the side skirt on the new 991.2. Notice the really ugly dimples on the paint job that runs along the whole side, right above the black plastic strip?

Actually it is supposed to be this way, look along the lower bottom edge of your Cayman, should be the same, helps prevent road tar from sticking, etc. is what I was told.

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
if you happen to be lucky enough to get chosen for the GT4 Cup Car (there will be a lottery)....you must race it and should you want to sell it in the future you must give porsche first dibs to buy it back (in the contract they will make you sign).

That said, it is a fine looking machine.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I attended the special Porsche event at the L A Auto Show at 7:30 AM. (for me it is a 'must attend event) The new 991.1 Carrera's were beautiful. It appeared to me that Porsche has cleaned up the dash as it was less cluttered. The vertical air intake ducts at the rear flowed along the lines of the car better.
I'm still a Cayman person but the new Carrera's were certainly eye candy.
Jim
B C Velocity Exhaust

21 - 28 of 28 Posts