Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the 2016 configurator is now live, at least in Canada.

Incidentally, the price for my car has gone $1500. Ouch!! Just wanted to throw this out here. Now I'm gonna poke around to see if I notice any differences.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FWIW, I see no differences in respect to available options on the BGTS.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
Looks like they took away the European maps option for ED for $250. Or it is an oversight? Or maybe free now?

I also noticed that they offer a Sport Design package on the Base and S Boxster - looks like the GTS parts. Maybe it was on the 2015 option list and I just didn't notice it. It was not on the 2014 configurator.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car price went up $300.

Is it due to the Euro decline? Guess Porsche is not lowering prices...

http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-...ill-porsche-lower-prices-2016-model-year.html
It's mentioned in another thread that Porsche doesn't really set prices based on relative currencies. Of course, they DO have to consider the perception when prices are radically different. People here don't compare our prices to what the Europeans pay because everyone knows there are massive amounts of differences in where those prices come from and that it's not easy to compare them directly.

That said... people DO compare prices directly between Canada and the US. Back in the day, when our dollar was horrible, nobody batted an eye at the drastic differences. As our dollar rose to parity though, it became more and more apparent that we were being gouged severely and that it couldn't be explained away through taxes or import fees or "market differences". When that came to a head, Porsche, and most other automakers, lowered their Canadian prices rather dramatically to be more in line with US pricing. We still paid more. Just not ridiculously more.

Recently, however, our dollar has been on a dramatic decline again. This is the only time in my lifetime that I can think of that we're paying significantly less than our neighbours down south. You know this won't last, and I expect this is just the first step. The difference is smaller than I'd been expecting.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Looks like they took away the European maps option for ED for $250. Or it is an oversight? Or maybe free now?

I also noticed that they offer a Sport Design package on the Base and S Boxster - looks like the GTS parts. Maybe it was on the 2015 option list and I just didn't notice it. It was not on the 2014 configurator.
It wasn't available in 2014 because those parts didn't exist yet. :) I don't recall if it was ever on the 2015 configurator but I know it was discussed here when that package became available. I don't know if it was available from the factory or whether it was only available after the fact. I hope it's cheaper as an option than it was as an accessory, now that you don't need to pay for the original bumpers anymore. :)

Edit: I just checked. Holy hell! It's a $3,480 package in Canada! There's no real info, but damn! If it's only the different bumpers, that's bold even by Porsche standards. I wonder if it includes the 3rd radiator?

Incidentally... as I swap it back and forth on the configurator, I actually prefer the standard S bumpers to the fully painted GTS ones. I like the GTS ones better with the appropriate bits painted black, but not all in the body colour as they put it on the S.

Reactions: 293866

·
Registered
477 Posts
Not sure if it's live in US or not. If so, mine only went up $110, all in the price of platinum finish wheels.

If there are really no changes to the rest of the base and options, that's as good as "discount" for those looking for some $$/Euro love.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Incidentally... as I swap it back and forth on the configurator, I actually prefer the standard S bumpers to the fully painted GTS ones. I like the GTS ones better with the appropriate bits painted black, but not all in the body colour as they put it on the S.[/QUOTE]

Fully agree: the original bumpers of the GTS version look much nicer. Should anyone decide to go for the S version (which was my case), I can't see any reason to select that option which is by far too much expensive. I also noticed that it was now available in the UAE as an option for the 2016 MY (which was not the case for the 2015 MY).

·
Registered
222 Posts
It does appear that the US version is live. My exact car is $300 more with the new configurator. With the Euro fall, Porsche gets a nice boost for 2016.
Larry

·
Registered
736 Posts
I noticed the price increases last week.. I just didn't want to post anything until I got my order confirmed. It still looks like I'm getting a 2015 (that's fine with me!) at those prices with negotiated adjustment, and I wants my anthracite brown. Hopefully I'll be officially on the waiter's list later this week.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The Sport Design package was available for MY2015, along with the tinted tail lights.

They added a new Bi-Xenon with PDLS "plus" option with high beam assist for $2360. I was under the impression that the PDLS Option I got already had high beam assist?

I wish they offered the Base model the ability to upgrade to the S model Bi-Xenons which has the lower lumens output and no headlight washer nozzles.

It still pains me to pay $1760 for this option when all I wanted was the Bi-Xenons from the S Model.

·
Registered
736 Posts
The Sport Design package was available for MY2015, along with the tinted tail lights.

They added a new Bi-Xenon with PDLS "plus" option with high beam assist for $2360. I was under the impression that the PDLS Option I got already had high beam assist?

I wish they offered the Base model the ability to upgrade to the S model Bi-Xenons which has the lower lumens output and no headlight washer nozzles.

It still pains me to pay $1760 for this option when all I wanted was the Bi-Xenons from the S Model.
AFAIK, PDLS "Basic" gives you the adaptable lights that adjust with steering input, the PDLS "Plus" has been there before, and that's what gives the high beam assist.

·
Registered
70 Posts
When I picked up my car, the dealer in London said prices has gone up because the 3rd year warranty was added to the price and its not an option anymore in the UK. So price increased with 3rd year warranty standard.

·
Registered
295 Posts
When I picked up my car, the dealer in London said prices has gone up because the 3rd year warranty was added to the price and its not an option anymore in the UK. So price increased with 3rd year warranty standard.
I have 4 years/80,000km warranty and the price still went up. I'm not sure that makes sense?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I noticed the price increases last week.. I just didn't want to post anything until I got my order confirmed. It still looks like I'm getting a 2015 (that's fine with me!) at those prices with negotiated adjustment, and I wants my anthracite brown. Hopefully I'll be officially on the waiter's list later this week.
Youre able to get the brown then? That's good news. Not a color I've seen in person. Hope it works out!

Reactions: Spectre

·
Registered
736 Posts
Youre able to get the brown then? That's good news. Not a color I've seen in person. Hope it works out!
I don't know yet. I'm anxiously awaiting my SA to send my the paperwork to finalize the order and find out. :beer:

·
Registered
43 Posts
The US configurator looks exactly the same - how can you tell it's 2016? The picture of the sport design steering wheel looks like the old design unlike the one in the GT4. Anyone have official press release notes that state the price increase?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
It is live. Pulled up my old Cayman GTS config and asked me if I wanted to load it into the new model year. I did. +$110 for Platinum Satin wheels, otherwise no other differences from when I bought my GTS.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts