Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Round 1 is up on youtube. IMSA is posting every race on youtube.
I've said it many times, this series has some of the best racing out there.

Good result for CJ Wilson Racing with the debut of the GT4 clubsport.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Round 1 is up on youtube. IMSA is posting every race on youtube.
I've said it many times, this series has some of the best racing out there.

Good result for CJ Wilson Racing with the debut of the GT4 clubsport.
I really like that IMSA posts theirs and Fox Sports' race coverage on their website (and YouTube). Using an AppleTV thing, I can watch the races on my big screen TV very much like watching from a DVR. (I seldom am able to watch live.) The entire 24 hours at Daytona race is up on the site along with the CTSC race at Daytona. I watched the entire 24-hour race (in several sittings over more than a month) with no commercials. IMSA seamlessly stitched together the changes from FS 1 to FS 2 to "IMSA TV" and all with the commercials removed.

I really wish FIA would do the same for WEC, ELMS and F1.

I like the CTSC races too and in GS class, it will be interesting to see how the Cayman GT4s do against the Rum Bum 997.

In Street Tuner (ST), I do find the Balance of Performance (BOP) adjustments made by IMSA to be a bit heavy handed. Last season the Caymans were dominating until the race at Laguna Seca where the Caymans' air intake restrictors where made smaller and suddenly the MX-5s were dominating. At Daytona this year, the announcer said that the MX-5s were given additional weight and now the Mazdas are way back and the Caymans are up front again. Anyway, it will be interesting to see if something changes putting the Mazdas up front again at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca as happened in 2015.

I'm not sure what the fix is, maybe smaller-sized BOP adjustments.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good results at Sebring ... GS class is going to be GT4 Clubsport only pretty soon by the looks of it.

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
In the Porsche Corral at 8:45 a.m. Friday, PCA had several of the GT4 drivers in for a Q&A. It was quite informative. To a person they really like the GT4 to drive. David Murray was fun to listen to as he has driven just about everything just about everywhere so his thoughts on the GT4 were particularly good to hear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts