Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today - The PCA / Porsche Corral tickets now being sold by Daytona for the 2016 Rolex 24hr Race. They called me today and are offering tickets to those that attended last year. Likely to sell out quickly. If you want to attend and park in the infield with the other Porsches, call them NOW before they completely sell out. Must come in Porsche to park in corral. The race is Jan 28 - 31, the tickets cost $280 for 2 tickets for all 4 days + Porsche infield parking. 1-800-748-7467 is the Speedway's phone.

My wife and I will be going - very cool event / 24 hr race / 300 or so Porsche people parking together in an easy drive in and out anytime spot before and during events. See you there for those who are able to get tickets.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Per email from PCA today....

The Daytona 24 Hours Porsche Corral Parking Pass Tickets sold out in the first 18 minutes today. Call the Daytona International Speedway for availability of race, camping, and other parking tickets for the 24 Hour race. DIS number is 800-748-7467 or 800-PITSHOP.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any GT4 Owners interested in going to the races? A buddy cancelled at the last minute, so I have an extra one of the sold out Porsche Coral infield parking pass. Send me a PM.

PCA infield Porsche Coral pass.jpg

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Committed the pass, already. Thanks for everyone's interest.

I'll be there in a Guard's Red GT4 #981

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
What's the deal on getting a PCA corral pass for the Rolex 24? Couldn't get one last year. My local Region is telling me to call Daytona tickets, and Daytona tickets is telling me my local PCA region will have them this Fall to
dole out to members. Am I getting the run around?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's the deal on getting a PCA corral pass for the Rolex 24? Couldn't get one last year. My local Region is telling me to call Daytona tickets, and Daytona tickets is telling me my local PCA region will have them this Fall to
dole out to members. Am I getting the run around?
Hello Pca1983!

Daytona first mails all previous ticket holders and gives them first right of refusal. Deadline isJune 7. Then they release any untaken tickets to PCA usually in Aug. Dayton actually sells them usually sold out sane day.

I will renew my tickets but have a friend who is not going this year. Perhaps you can make a deal to buy his. PM mE.

Thanks.

Matt

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hello Pca1983!

Daytona first mails all previous ticket holders and gives them first right of refusal. Deadline isJune 7. Then they release any untaken tickets to PCA usually in Aug. Dayton actually sells them usually sold out sane day.

I will renew my tickets but have a friend who is not going this year. Perhaps you can make a deal to buy his. PM mE.

Thanks.

Matt
I renewed mine a couple weeks ago but have a bit of a "corral" crisis. After 10 years of renewing PCA corral tickets 2 years ago I swapped them out for Corvette corral tickets because I sold the Porsche and bought a C7. That lasted a year until I sold the C7 and bought the BGTS last December. Matt helped me out last year, I bought his friends PCA pass and sold the Corvette corral tickets to a C7 owner last year but my renewal came through for the Corvette corral. I spoke with one of the group sales managers last year and they assured me I could swap them out during the renewal process. I confirmed that 2 weeks ago and supposedly I can call them on the 16th, when they have a full accounting of renewals and open things up for exchanges. Historically they don't sell out on renewals, that's why they tell PCA to advertise for the remaining in August.

Fingers and toes crossed they can swap me out on the 16th.

I've been going to the Rolex since '98 and parking in the PCA corral since it was just a roped off area just off the turn 4 tunnel. It will kill me if I can't get a PCA parking pass.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I renewed mine a couple weeks ago but have a bit of a "corral" crisis. After 10 years of renewing PCA corral tickets 2 years ago I swapped them out for Corvette corral tickets because I sold the Porsche and bought a C7. That lasted a year until I sold the C7 and bought the BGTS last December. Matt helped me out last year, I bought his friends PCA pass and sold the Corvette corral tickets to a C7 owner last year but my renewal came through for the Corvette corral. I spoke with one of the group sales managers last year and they assured me I could swap them out during the renewal process. I confirmed that 2 weeks ago and supposedly I can call them on the 16th, when they have a full accounting of renewals and open things up for exchanges. Historically they don't sell out on renewals, that's why they tell PCA to advertise for the remaining in August.

Fingers and toes crossed they can swap me out on the 16th.

I've been going to the Rolex since '98 and parking in the PCA corral since it was just a roped off area just off the turn 4 tunnel. It will kill me if I can't get a PCA parking pass.
I was able to swap my Corvette corral tickets for the PCA package this morning, I'm a happy camper.....

If you have renewed Rolex tickets but don't have the PCA package and want it I'd give them a call. As a renewal customer you can cut in line before they release what's left to PCA.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I got the PCA Corral tix this AM too. It's my first. I called for two hours, getting busy signals, b4 getting thru. Then I was on hold for nearly half an hour, but I got the tix. It cost $93 extra but now includes 4 days instead of the 2 days I originally bought.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts