Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know when the factory begins accepting orders? My 2015 Cayman S order got botched and I'm looking at having to reorder. I want to see more photos of the new model year before I reorder to get a better glimpse of the updated fascia, which based on spy photos I'm not particularly fond of. Any chance the Sport Design fascia will still be offered?

Good to be aboard. Thanks!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I placed my order for a MY2016 in mid March 2015. As I understand it, production of MY2016 starts in June 2015. The Porsche web site where you can configure your car seems to have been updated around mid April, only changes seem to have been removal of Brown exterior color and price hikes for satin wheels and GTS exterior package.
Seems as though there are no interior/exterior/mechanical changes.
You can order one now!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Anyone know when the factory begins accepting orders? My 2015 Cayman S order got botched and I'm looking at having to reorder. I want to see more photos of the new model year before I reorder to get a better glimpse of the updated fascia, which based on spy photos I'm not particularly fond of. Any chance the Sport Design fascia will still be offered?

Good to be aboard. Thanks!
I think you're mistaking the 2017 refresh for 2016. As mentioned, there's only minimal changes to the standard model line for 2016. The big news for 2016 is the GT4 and Spyder models.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
A good friend of mine placed an order for 2016 981B S around 1st of May and got in on a very early build in June (1st month of 2016 production). Dealer said he should expect car for a NJ delivery about mid July which is consistent with ~ 6 week timeline for builds having an ECoast delivery.

:cheers:

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
I placed my order for a MY2016 in mid March 2015. As I understand it, production of MY2016 starts in June 2015. The Porsche web site where you can configure your car seems to have been updated around mid April, only changes seem to have been removal of Brown exterior color and price hikes for satin wheels and GTS exterior package.
Seems as though there are no interior/exterior/mechanical changes.
You can order one now!
^^ what Monkeyboy said.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input, guys. I kept getting spyshots of the modified 2017 model when I googled 2016, lending to the confusion. Makes sense now because the configurator on the Porsche website still shows the old fascia. I am not a fan of the styling change in order for 2017.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One other question, slightly off topic. Is it possible to order the Sport Design fascia without the rear diffuser painted the body color? I prefer the diffuser black. The online configurator changes the diffuser to the body color when you select Sport Design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts