Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, so on my 2016 Porsche Cayenne base went to start after work and car started up but instrument cluster and middle counsel with climate control A/C not working it did try to light up few times but now it’s completely dead nothing shows . And when I start car cooling fan turns on right away. Car still drives. Anyone know anything about that please advise thank you.

· Premium Member
5,950 Posts
I haven't had that problem with a Porsche but the instrument cluster on my wife's Mercedes went blank. The whole thing had to be replaced.

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
Hi Did you resolve this As I have the same issue
Unfortunately @Krytik02 came here, dumped his problem, didn't get an answer - never to be seen again. Last time he was here was March. I can't say I miss him..

As to your problem - do you have access to a Porsche-specific code-reader (PIWIS, Foxwell NT530, etc..) - you'll probably need one, or need to visit a mechanic with one to solve the problem. The NT530 has diagnostics that can test the instrument cluster. Has your car been jump-started sort of recently? That can cause a high-voltage spike to go though the electrical system and cause damage to the electronics that only appears later.

BTW - you didn't mention it - what Cayenne model/year do you own? And when you have a chance, please visit New Member Introductions and introduce yourself and your car..

Welcome to Planet-9, the Friendly Porsche Forum!

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
@timbarker63 - I see you've created a thread with this problem, giving more details of how this happened. I'm going to close this thread, please continue discussion in the other thread.

thanks for your cooperation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.