Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

New member here and I would like to say that I officially joined the Porsche family on May 14th, 2019.

The reason why I chose a 2.7L over the 3.4L is pretty simple..."handling".

In the past, I've owned highly tuned turbocharged cars. In California, you really can't do much with a 500+ horsepower car unless you want your drivers license revoked.

My previous car was a BMW M4 with FBO and stage 3 tune. It was a fantastic car, very fast but it felt disconnected.

Any who....Don't want to bore you with my life story...

Let me present to you, my 2016 Porsche Cayman equipped with a 6-speed manual;

Future plans;
-Carbon Fiber ducktail spoiler
-Carbon Fiber GT4 spoiler
-Borla Type-S exhaust
-Fabspeed headers
-GTS tail lights
-GTS rear diffuser

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome to the club! I just bought my second Cayman in April after selling my 987 last year. They really are excellent cars. Mine is a base too and I just upgraded my exhaust to factory PSE. My next upgrade will be adding a backup camera. Enjoy!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Congrats on the car. No need to explain your engine choice here. The 2.7 is a great engine that sounds amazing (even better than its bigger brothers) on full boil. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Enjoy... I guarantee you this car won't feel "disconnected" at all. Enjoy, and don't let the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia take it from you. ;-)

Reactions: Cayman6spd

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks great, Cayman6speed
I am a relative newbie, as well. My previous Cayman was a 2007 987 S (also a 6MT), in Meteor Grey.
I installed a Borla on my E46 M3--LOVED that car, and it kept me happy for many years.
Have a blast!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Here is an update on how my 2016 Porsche Cayman looks as of 10/11/2019.

Looks good. Glad to see another hen's tooth. :) The 6spd will be sought after before long.

BTW, what duck tail did you use?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks great!
Also, would like to see some other angles of the car to better see the wing. How did you attach it and is it stable?

Cheers!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great!
Also, would like to see some other angles of the car to better see the wing. How did you attach it and is it stable?

Cheers!
Sure. I'll post up a few more pictures. The wing is attached with rivets. It's very stable. The wing does flex a bit towards the center but nothing major.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good. Glad to see another hen's tooth. :) The 6spd will be sought after before long.

BTW, what duck tail did you use?
I went with Bayson R on eBay. Fitment is 7.5 out of 10. The edges don't sit as flush as I would like but it gets the job done. Had the duck tail professionally sanded and power coated. I also deactivated the rear spoiler from deploying after 75+ mph as it looked bad when it was deployed with the GT4 wing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice!!! I believe I test drove your car at Porsche Irvine and was hooked on the Cayman ever since.... silver on black base Cayman with x73???
Is this the one?

IMG_0241.JPG

I ended up finding mine a few months later...2014 Cayman S with x73?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice!!! I believe I test drove your car at Porsche Irvine and was hooked on the Cayman ever since.... silver on black base Cayman with x73???
Is this the one?

View attachment 266724

I ended up finding mine a few months later...2014 Cayman S with x73?

View attachment 266725
Yep. It's the one from Irvine. Lovin your white! Sad to see your NSX gone. We should do a photoshoot if your in SoCal?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep. It's the one from Irvine. Lovin your white! Sad to see your NSX gone. We should do a photoshoot if your in SoCal?
Nice... I’ll be in OC on Saturday in Brea area at Mod Bargains doing an exhaust install from 10am to about 1pm if you’re in the area stop by!

pm contact info if you like....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice... I’ll be in OC on Saturday in Brea area at Mod Bargains doing an exhaust install from 10am to about 1pm if you’re in the area stop by!

pm contact info if you like....
What exhaust you getting? I'll try. I have a few errands I have to run in the morning so it depends on when I'll be done. Appreciate the invite!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is an build update on my 2016 Porsche Cayman.

Retrofitted G5BRT projectors with Osram HID and painted the inside of the housing gloss black;

Purchased a GT4 style front bumper with PDC. Placed the order at 10:00am, received it at 12:30pm the same day! Crazy fast shipping (free shipping)!
According to HNC Body Shop in Garden Grove, CA, the shop owner states "the bumper fit perfectly. All tabs align with the body. Minor imperfections but touched them up, no problem".

Finished product;

1 - 20 of 26 Posts