Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My student at this weeks' HPDE had a new (still had temporary plates) R-8 with the V10.
The Audi is so much wider that a Cayman that it felt really big. Very smooth ride, tons of power and all wheel drive.
On the track, the extra width gives it an advantage in the high speed sweepers, though ultimate cornering was not really better than the Cayman. With the windows down, there is a lot of buffeting above 85; very unpleasant. 600 hp and lots of torque make it easy to go very fast, but it wasn't as much fun as I would have thought. It was like eating all your Halloween candy as soon as you got home. Felt fun at first, but wasn't as satisfying at the end of the 3rd session. I said to our head instructor, "The best part of instructing at HPDE's is that I get to cross off the list a lot of expensive cars after driving them on the track." His student last month had a 2007 Ferrari and he said it was the worst driving car he ever had on the track; with and without the stability control active. He said it made him like his 911 more than before.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts