Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local dealer is offering over an 11% discount on 2017 Caymans. Wish I was in the market now.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
When i bought my 718 (which i got 5% off) the dealership was pushing a VERY loaded 2016 on me that was going for about 10% off. It was still 100k vs the 68k that i wanted to spend or else i might have considered it. Also, it had a VERY odd color combo.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
When i bought my 718 (which i got 5% off) the dealership was pushing a VERY loaded 2016 on me that was going for about 10% off. It was still 100k vs the 68k that i wanted to spend or else i might have considered it. Also, it had a VERY odd color combo.
Which explains the discount - hard car to get rid of. Likely someone ordered the car and bailed out, leaving it with the dealer.

Porsche frequently makes little or no changes to a particular model in some years. When I was looking, there was very little difference in prices between new 2014, 2015 and 2016 cars.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i love a good deal. my 2014 boxster i got for nearly 18% off. But that was because it got caught on the dealers lot during a hail storm. They fixed it 100%, i never would have known, but they still had to disclose it. If you ever want a deal on a car in colorado, just wait for the hail lol. Most car dealers dont even bother fixing the damage. People will buy the damaged cars as is. Clearly, this is not the case with Porsche buyers. But i have seen guys on this forum who won't even let the dealer store their car outside prior to buying or transport on an open air truck. The thought of buying a repaired hail damaged car would send those people into shock lol. That first paint swirl or rock ding above the clear bra has caused a few near aneurysms on this site to be sure. My wife's Cayenne was a dealer loaner car with 8k miles that we got certified. With the 100k warranty, this was the best deal ever. There is always a good deal to be found. But i have to admit that 11% before negotiating makes my mouth water. I wonder how much further i could get them down in the end. Am i the only one who loves to negotiate with the dealer? My wife wont even show up on the lot until the deal is done lol.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just looked and that 2016 that i was talking about is still on their lot and now they are offering more than 20% off. Man, they must really want to be rid of that thing. All the options. I'm just not a fan of that interior. New 2016 Porsche Cayman 2dr Cpe S For Sale in Colorado | G16071

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I just looked and that 2016 that i was talking about is still on their lot and now they are offering more than 20% off. Man, they must really want to be rid of that thing. All the options. I'm just not a fan of that interior. New 2016 Porsche Cayman 2dr Cpe S For Sale in Colorado | G16071
It's an automatic.....
It's a weird order with way too much leather and stitching. It has PSE, Sport Suspension but no Sport Chrono. Who would want it that way? Shoulda been a nicely equipped GTS for that kind of money...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Wow, still $88K, must have a crazy amount of options that most people don't care about. If they drop it under $80K someone will buy it soon.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I suspect you may find that this kind of opportunity is only with stock cars. Ordered cars will likely continue in the 4-7% discount range. As a dealer (theoretical-I am not a dealer) I have no incentive to heavily discount a car that you are likely to order anyway-no reason to cut my margin that much (IMHO). I think that PCNA or perhaps Porsche.de provides some financial help with year end cars. Remember the floor plan every month on 80-100K car is significant (if you have several of them sitting). Also Porsche has the most net corporate profit per unit of any car manufacturer (can't remember the reference but no reason to think otherwise).

·
Registered
48 Posts
"just looked and that 2016 that i was talking about is still on their lot and now they are offering more than 20% off. Man, they must really want to be rid of that thing. All the options. I'm just not a fan of that interior. New 2016 Porsche Cayman 2dr Cpe S For Sale in Colorado | G16071"

Man, that sales manager guessed wrong on that one. I am really surprised at some of the cars that are ordered for stock. You would think they would shoot for some middle ground spec to show off some features but still be priced for the market. For that money you are into a 911.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
"just looked and that 2016 that i was talking about is still on their lot and now they are offering more than 20% off. Man, they must really want to be rid of that thing. All the options. I'm just not a fan of that interior. New 2016 Porsche Cayman 2dr Cpe S For Sale in Colorado | G16071"

Man, that sales manager guessed wrong on that one. I am really surprised at some of the cars that are ordered for stock. You would think they would shoot for some middle ground spec to show off some features but still be priced for the market. For that money you are into a 911.
No way the dealer ordered a car like that. Anand documented a similar situation when he was shopping for his 911. Someone ordered this "to each his own" car and then bailed out. The dealer gets to buy it and try to not lose too much.

·
Registered
229 Posts
That msrp price is BS...no way a Cayman s without Ceramic Brakes and the high end radio would go for that.......... i have a pretty loaded gts which only went for $ 91 k......me think the dealer inflated the msrp to make his deal look great

Reactions: James III

·
Registered
194 Posts
That msrp price is BS...no way a Cayman s without Ceramic Brakes and the high end radio would go for that.......... i have a pretty loaded gts which only went for $ 91 k......me think the dealer inflated the msrp to make his deal look great
Scanned the VIN, it definitely was that high:
2016 Porsche Cayman S

Division:
PCNA
Commission #:

Prod Month:
06/2015
VIN:
WP0AB2A88GK185220
Price:
$109,920.00
Exterior:
Black
Interior:
Natural Leather Interior in Garnet Red
Warranty Start:
April 24, 2017

Additional Equipment

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Standard Carpeting in Deviated Color
Seat Stitching in Deviated Thread
Instrument Cover Stitching in Deviated Thread
Upper Door Panel Stitching in Deviated Thread
Seat Centers in Deviated Standard Leather
Dashboard Stitching in Deviated Thread (Instrument Cover Not Included)
Door Handle Stitching in Deviated Thread
Armrest Stitching in Deviated Thread
Center Door Panel Stitching in Deviated Thread
20" Carrera S Wheels
Smoking package
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Reversing Camera
SportDesign steering wheel
Steering Column Casing Stitching in Deviated Thread
Natural Leather Interior
A1
Black
CAC
Rear Side Air Intakes Painted

CFX
Personalized Floor Mats with Leather Edging
CLU
Steering wheel rim with deviated stitching
CTL
Customization Package, Gear Selector
CXE
Personalized Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated
CZV
Air Vent Slats in Leather
EEJ
Carbon Fiber Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior & PDK
NG
Natural Leather Interior in Garnet Red
P06
Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
P9D
Premium Package Plus (Sport Seats, 14-way)
P9H
Infotainment Package with Burmester® High-end Surround Sound System
X73
Sport Suspension
XAT
SportDesign package
XDA
Wheels Painted in Black
XES
Preparation door-sill guards, illuminated
XHM
Center Console Trim in Carbon Fiber
XLF
Sport Exhaust System
XNS
Steering column casing in leather
XSC
Porsche Crest on headrests
XUV

Storage Compartment Lid with Model Logo
looks like most of the MSRP would be in all of the interior customization: deviated stitching, leather air vent slats(?!?!), natural leather, burmester stereo option - Whoever configured this wasted $$ on the stuff that doesn't matter.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Scanned the VIN, it definitely was that high:

looks like most of the MSRP would be in all of the interior customization: deviated stitching, leather air vent slats(?!?!), natural leather, burmester stereo option - Whoever configured this wasted $$ on the stuff that doesn't matter.
Indeed, for $110K you could have a GT4 or nicely optioned Carrera.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.