Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
folks, I have a 2017 Macan S and we are interested in adding a trailer Hitch. While doing some research I noticed that the $1000 Porsche design is completely different from the other aftermarket designs. I'm wondering if anybody has any insight into which solution would be best. There's no doubt that the Porsche design is a better looking solution but i'm really interested in the functionality and design integration into the vehicle. Any suggestions would be appreciated. **** Anke

·
Registered
246 Posts
$1000 for a trailer hitch sounds very high, but up to you if worthwhile over a non Porsche hitch. I know the Macan isn't intended for pulling too much weight unlike the Cayenne that can pull a car trailer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
What do you plan to tow? Camper? Work trailer? Car trailer? What’s the trailer curb weight? Trailer tongue weight? Two wheel or Four wheel?

What kind of towing do you plan to do? Long distance? Up/down Interstate grades (6%)? Short trips?

Does your trailer have / need electric brakes that you need to integrate to the Macan?

I towed a 30’ Airstream (about 8,000#) with a Ram 2500 diesel for three years extended travel to see the US and Canada from 2015 to 2018. My ProPride WD hitch was $2,400.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I just ordered a Macan today and, after reading this thread, included the trailer hitch. I only use it for a bike rack but figured it was easier and cheaper to have built with the car than to add later.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,674 Posts
I just ordered a Macan today and, after reading this thread, included the trailer hitch. I only use it for a bike rack but figured it was easier and cheaper to have built with the car than to add later.
Smart move. If the hitch is part of a towing package, it may also include uprated brakes and cooling system.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts