Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
If the unit in the photos is truly a glimpse of things to come - ukkin fugly. Maybe they hired the guy who designed the BMW 550 GT.....

·
Super Moderator
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the unit in the photos is truly a glimpse of things to come - ukkin fugly. Maybe they hired the guy who designed the BMW 550 GT.....
You're hilarious :D

I see all the changes will be in the rear... but it's all wrapped and camouflaged. Too early to judge. But the front is 100% identical, I wonder why although most people who hate the Panamera's looks hate it for its front.

·
Vendor
6,488 Posts
They need to find a way to copy the Rapide.
Exactly! And they are clearly moving that direction, big steps. Fugly hump is gone, it's much closer to Aston now...

·
Vendor
6,488 Posts
I like the front, just can't get over the egg shell on the back...
yep. front is fine. But current rear looks like mad experiment of Chinese designers... no offense to Chinese designers

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
I like the front. I have never gotten use to the rear. I have tried to like it, I really have.

·
Super Moderator
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still, in the sedan world what would you pick?

1) On top of my list would be a used Ferrari FF (I consider it a sedan and it costs here the same as a brand new 991 turbo)
2) a brand new Mercedes.
3) a used RR Ghost, maybe. (Their prices drop like a rock here with the release of a new facelift & generation).
4) a Panamera.

Every other sedan is invisible to me.

No, I won't ever buy an Aston Martin with their scandalous reliability horror stories. And I'd never buy a sedan Bentley, 2 doors maybe.

·
Administrator
34,427 Posts
Still, in the sedan world what would you pick?

1) On top of my list would be a used Ferrari FF (I consider it a sedan and it costs here the same as a brand new 991 turbo)
2) a brand new Mercedes.
3) a used RR Ghost, maybe. (Their prices drop like a rock here with the release of a new facelift & generation).
4) a Panamera.

Every other sedan is invisible to me.

No, I won't ever buy an Aston Martin with their scandalous reliability horror stories. And I'd never buy a sedan Bentley, 2 doors maybe.

Sedan? Tesla 70D of course

·
Super Moderator
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ exactly.

And Ken, yes I like Tesla in concept. Never saw one in the flesh yet to judge the looks. And they have no plans to bring it to the Middle East. After all, if cars run on batteries in the future we won't afford a Kia here as the economy will crash with no oil... Yet, we'll live in peace for once.

·
Super Moderator
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Spied Panamera 2016 generation 2

It looks narrower from the rear and higher... reminded me with the RR Ghost at the end of the video:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts