Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended a Porsche NA Panamera rollout event held in conjunction with our dealer yesterday. It took place at Hallett Motor Raceway, a 40m drive from town.

Several Porsche Driving Experience instructors led the event with 7 new cars, one 4S, the others all Turbos. The pace cars were 718 Caymans and we all got to drive each of the cars. Overall I drove 14 laps or so, and was a passenger for another 14 laps. The pace picked up as the day went on but we were never flat out, probably 70-80% max. This was followed by flat out laps with instructors driving, 3 passengers to a car.

The car is very impressive, loads of very useable power, great handling despite the weight, very comfortable and quite luxurious. I like the styling much better than gen 1, but I lust more after the shooting brake than the sedan.

We were then treated to a nice catered lunch after which the afternoon group took to the cars and I headed home.

I'm not ready to trade in either my Macan GTS or my 981BS, but I thought about it! What a great way to experience a new car. Evidently, this was one of the first of several similar events to be held around the country in the very near future. If you get an invite to one of these, attend if you can!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
I was at a roll out yesterday at my dealership. Fantastic car. Love the new rear end and I agree it is very luxurious. Not for me right now though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts