Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Looks better than the outgoing model but still not good enough. I have faith in Porsche, they did with the Boxster as well as the Cayenne. It's only a matter of time before they get it right. When they do, I'll probably own one of each.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Much as I would like to like the Panamera, it just doesn't do it for me. If I needed a 4-door sport sedan, I'd just pick up an RS4...the last generation would do, but the upcoming one in Avant body style could be a knockout.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just saw two Panamera test mules in Socal today. On the 15 southbound near Corona. They were unbadged, had Michigan "manufacturer" plates and vinyl tape/sheeting over the lights, bumpers, side window and quarter panels.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
I'm not a sedan person and have no need for them. But my 2 cents are:
1) rear looks better
2) front looks as bad, plus I'm not a fan of these two lines front lights they added on MK2 991, 718 and now Noah's Ark.
3) side profile, not clear yet to judge... but may have improved.
4) interior, of course stunning but I'm surprised they insist on four seater! I remember reading, it became five.

Oh, well... Cut the chase and show us the 928 and Mission E, please.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
What a different dash! Wonder if other models will start going this way?
I've thought for a while now that at least the speedometer on the 981's and Macans would get an added multifunction capability. Hopefully we will seen this.

I guess there goes the color gauges as a cost option since it would be simply a software configuration.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
I've thought for a while now that at least the speedometer on the 981's and Macans would get an added multifunction capability. Hopefully we will seen this.

I guess there goes the color gauges as a cost option since it would be simply a software configuration.
Oh no Porsche will charge extra for the color gauge software option :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
I'm not a sedan person and have no need for them. But my 2 cents are:
1) rear looks better
2) front looks as bad, plus I'm not a fan of these two lines front lights they added on MK2 991, 718 and now Noah's Ark.
3) side profile, not clear yet to judge... but may have improved.
4) interior, of course stunning but I'm surprised they insist on four seater! I remember reading, it became five.

Oh, well... Cut the chase and show us the 928 and Mission E, please.
The 4 seater thing ruins it for me, all too often I have 5 in my SUV and could use space for 6. Bench seats front and back I tell ya! :) :)

Otherwise I think it does look better... Aston Martin Rapide still looks a lot better...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Just saw two Panamera test mules in Socal today. On the 15 southbound near Corona. They were unbadged, had Michigan "manufacturer" plates and vinyl tape/sheeting over the lights, bumpers, side window and quarter panels.

If that is what it's going to look like, Porsche's got a long long way to go. Looks like I wont' be owning a Panny anytime soon.

·
Registered
966 Posts
1000% improvement over the current one..
I’ll see that 1,000% and raise it to 10,000%!

These are pretty flattering angles on the photographs, but the roofline and proportions look much improved. Then again, how could they not ... I’ve never been able to find any flattering angle of the old car ...
:taunt:

·
Registered
457 Posts
If that is what it's going to look like, Porsche's got a long long way to go. Looks like I wont' be owning a Panny anytime soon.
This car has a lot of vinyl put on to hide shapes. Look at the rear lights for example - the big clumsy ones are just vinyl to hide the new small 991 like ones..

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I saw the first car with the vinyl peeling in some places and the grease pencil writing on the quarter panels, I thought, "wow somebody's letting their Panamera turn into $#*t." Then I saw the second car with it and realized I'm seeing a couple of mules. The dashboards were also covered. The only identifiers were the gold crests on the steering wheels.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
When I saw the first car with the vinyl peeling in some places and the grease pencil writing on the quarter panels, I thought, "wow somebody's letting their Panamera turn into $#*t." Then I saw the second car with it and realized I'm seeing a couple of mules. The dashboards were also covered. The only identifiers were the gold crests on the steering wheels.

Mule no more.... here are the pictures undisguised that were shared already on this thread:
Undisguised Porsche Panamera Turbo leaks online

·
Registered
123 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts